Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

I will look for Trillium. Do they distribute much beyond the Boston area? I'm in CT. Is there any place in Boston where it can be found reliably?

All this beer talk will be over as soon as a line up is announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trillium's brewery is in Boston's Fort Point neighborhood. They distribute to maybe a half dozen bottle shops in greater Boston. Redstone Liquors in Stoneham, and Craft Beer Cellar in Belmont are two that I'm aware of. Your best bet is to visit the brewery where they sell bottles and do growler fills. I can't overstate how good their hoppy beers are.

Boston's Trillium Brewing deserves a major shout out. Producing some of the best beer in New England IMHO. 

The founder is a friend of a friend. My last visit to Boston was several years ago (the first Solid Sound, maybe?) and my friends and I met him and his wife at a pub. The brewery was in the planning stages and we had a nice conversation about their hopes for the future and harvesting wild yeast. Sounds like it all turned out well!

I know this is ViaChicago, not BeerAdvocate, but... Heady is only 8%. I'm a total lightweight and even I can consume more than one. Session IPAs and APAs usually clock in around 5%, by comparison. For me, I consume HT last because it absolutely destroys my palate. Tough to taste anything but hops after sipping on one.

Also, being that I'm from the area and the festival is in MA, Boston's Trillium Brewing deserves a major shout out. Producing some of the best beer in New England IMHO. Their double IPA, Heavy Mettle, can go toe to toe with any of the big VT IPAs.

I'm a lighter-weight, apparently!  Two Heady Toppers is a pretty serious commitment for me.

And I agree re: Trillium. That's some fantastic stuff.  

/offtopic.

nice. i've never had any cantillion. how'd you score a bottle? 

Nice. I happened to be visiting my kids in Orange County a few months ago and found out about a Cantillon, De Molen, Drie Fonteinen, and Hill Farmstead event in Long Beach. We waited in the sun for 2 hours, but it was well worth the inconvenience.

Lagunitas kind of pissed me off w/ the threat of the lawsuit (over kerning and font, for chrissake) with Sierra Nevada.

At least he admitted his mistake with great humility (of course under lots of pressure) -- but I agree, dumb lawsuit --- I enjoy the way this thread turned, since I won't be going to Solid Sound - can't wait for some of these beers hit the Chicago market (or I need to head east some day - never been any reason to go before).

Sorry to re-rail the thread here... but after careful deliberation, not to mention a fair bit of peer pressure from the Winterlude crew, we've decided to go.  I bought my earlybird tix yesterday, so all that's left are trivial matters like transportation and lodging. 

Three of us are going... myself, my wife (who isn't at all interested in the festival, but thinks that a few days in western MASS to go exploring the local sights and spa's while the other two go do festival stuff sounds pretty awesome), and my daughter (who is a college senior in arts administration and thinks that a rock festival at an art museum must be the coolest thing ever to be conceived, and a bit of a Wilco fan through forced musical induction).

So, we'll be on the lookout for reasonable lodging (perhaps something with 2 bedrooms), as well as some local stuff for the non-Wilconian's amusement.  Probably going to drive the 13 hours so that we have a car and don't blow all the budget on flights and a rental car. 

I'll go back and re-read this thread and see if anything looks promising.  Any and all suggestions are welcome. 

See you all at summer camp...

Already counting the days. We will be coming from northern Vermont with a stash of Heady Toppers and Second Fiddle. If you enjoy beer and you haven't sampled those tasty treats, let me find you in the parking lot and donate some heaven to your cause.

Had my first Heady Topper tonight, at The Elusive Moose in Waittesville, VT on the way to Sugarbush. I'm not a hops or IPA person, but had to have one after hearing about this for years. Quite nice actually.

I saw MMJ many moons ago, and they do put on a great concert..that being said I don't think I've liked any of their albums in quite awhile. When they went in the prog-rock direction I lost interest. If that's the "big" guest, I'd be pretty unimpressed. Plus MMJ already has their own festival, so it would be kind of strange for them to headline another festival based on another band.

How about The Avett Brothers, I think they'd be a nice fit as the "other name brand band" on the bill.

And even though they're a decent size band i'd bet that there's enough overlapp of their fans and ours that the people coming only for the Avett Brothers wouldnt be more than a few hundred.

They'll be in Cooperstown June 13th, with nothing scheduled again until July.

And all this being said, I'm going no matter who is on the bill, and I for one wouldnt be at all unhappy if Wilco just decided to play for an hour and a half at 11am and then 2 hours at 7pm, with other bands playing in between.