Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt this is happening, because I got the tweets too, but maybe John Hodgman jumped the gun a little. Links in his original tweet--and in @solidsoundfest's retweet--have now been removed. Still, assuming it's true, Tig Notaro is a pretty big deal!

From Facebook:

Comedy Cabaret hosted by John Hodgman returns to Solid Sound 2015: this year with friends, Paul F. TompkinsTig Notaro and more.

Awesome. Tig's hilarious. Everyone should listen to her special "Tig Notaro LIVE." This American Life does a segment on that special, which is also really, really amazing: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/476/what-doesnt-kill-you?act=1 

I'm not quite sure what the rush is...let them get things sorted out. Many of us have our tickets already and will be going regardless.

I think it's just because so many other festivals have been making lineup announcements in the last week or two.

I'm not quite sure what the rush is...let them get things sorted out. Many of us have our tickets already and will be going regardless.

I think it's just because so many other festivals have been making lineup announcements in the last week or two.

The difference between Solid Sound and other festivals, though, is that we always know who the headliners are. You might make a go/no go decision on other festivals based on the lineup. I could be wrong, but I don't think many people make a decision on whether or not to go to SSF based on the non-Wilco related bands. I guess that could change if they announce a really big act or two.

The difference between Solid Sound and other festivals, though, is that we always know who the headliners are. You might make a go/no go decision on other festivals based on the lineup. I could be wrong, but I don't think many people make a decision on whether or not to go to SSF based on the non-Wilco related bands. I guess that could change if they announce a really big act or two.

I agree - the draw for the first three Solid Sound Festivals was Wilco. Everything else has been gravy. I don't think too many people paid $100 plus in 2013 to see Os Mutantes play for 60 minutes (or any other band there, even Yo La Tengo). People go because they like Wilco. Maybe SS4 will be different, with an MMJ-type as a Sunday headliner. I think we have our headliners, though - Wilco, Wilco, and Tweedy/Jeff solo/Tweedy and friends (maybe the Tweedy etc. comes on Sunday before a bigger act?). Sprinkle in the comedians already announced, Richard Thompson, Bill Frisell, Real Estate, Cibo Matto, Autumn Defense, Nels and whoever, etc., etc., and you have a festival lineup.

I know I'm a bit late, had to wait for tax returns this year, but I just bought 4 tickets for Solid Sound, my kids will be in effect again this year!!!  Working on my room, shouldn't be a problem the owner reserves 7 rooms for my friends and I.

I know! The one about the documentary? I thought for sure that was going to be about the lineup announcements. I still have a feeling we might hear something today.....

She's only saying that because I made a prediction yesterday that the lineup would be announced today! C'mon, Wilco, out with it, before you undermine my supposed psychic abilities!

She's only saying that because I made a prediction yesterday that the lineup would be announced today! C'mon, Wilco, out with it, before you undermine my supposed psychic abilities!

I really did have the thought myself!! But yes, you expressed it first. How utterly embarrassing for you if it turns out to be wrong!

it's apparent that the ks holds the gold key to the lineup annoucement.

it's obvious that ks chooses at this time to approach the keyhole/ no eye contact

but with a turn of the wrist, juuust could...

unlock.....

ok- for realz, first VCer to post lineup reveal, other than the fabulous 2 Wilco/ 1 Tweedy/ 1 JT solo (gratitude now), I'm gonna raise the stakes, and proudly offer,

as a reward, no, an appreciation,

one certifiiably cool, cold

FREE BREWSKI

at Solid Sound.

Best of luck and I hope I win.