Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has a daily set time schedule been released?  I don't think so and can't find it, but just checking.  I would have thought Real Estate would play before Wilco on Friday night, but that last email announcing the acoustic show has them playing after Wilco.  Wondering what time Wilco will hit the stage Friday.  I'm figuring an 8:00 slot.  Anyone here have the details?

I've only seen the list of who's playing each day, not the times of their sets. I too am really looking forward to seeing a full schedule. There are some things I really want to see (Tig Notaro) and I hope they don't overlap with other priorities.

half the fun of a festival is making painful decisions.

Not at Lockn'.

Well, the only painful decision there is do I stay for the rest of this 2:00 a.m. show or go back and sleep?  But until the late nights, there are no overlapping shows.  What a relief. 

At Solid Sound, Saturday always presents some decision challenges between the comedy theater and the music.  My wife plants herself inside the theater for all the comedy.  I usually come and go.  This year I particularly want to see Jessica Williams, but if she's on opposite Richard Thompson, I will be outside hearing music.

Didn't that email from last week say Real Estate and Cibo Matto will only be playing for 20 minutes after Wilco? I have to guess they'll both be doing something else during the weekend, too. I'm hoping they'll also be openers on the nights they're playing afterwards.

I was wondering about that, too. Would love to see a full set from both those bands.

Looks like Taj Mahal won't be at Solid Sound - from his website it looks like he has cancelled his June / July dates - too bad - i was looking forward to seeing him personally

For decades Taj Mahal has been committed to giving fans the most of himself through music, both on stage and off. This has been his love and his life and it is with regret that The Maestro finds it necessary, at this time, to take a much needed break from the demands of his constant touring schedule. This brief hiatus will allow the time to re-charge his health and vitality.
Taj promises to be back in August with refreshed and renewed health allowing him to continue his high energy performances well into the future. He hopes that you, his friends and fans, will understand. Taj looks forward to seeing you all as soon as he is back on the road.

Until then, peace and love to you all from The Maestro.

Yeah, during lunch I read that Taj Mahal canceled his Chicago Blues Fest appearance and wondered what that meant for Solid Sound. 

Shemekia Copeland is replacing Taj at the Chicago Blues Fest -- wouldn't be a bad replacement for him at Solid Sound, either.

Speedy Ortiz added to Solid Sound 2015

We were disappointed to learn that Taj Mahal is taking a brief hiatus from his current touring obligations to re-charge his health and vitality. We wish The Maestro only the best and look forward to seeing him back on the road very soon.

With that said, we’re thrilled to announce that our Western MA neighbors Speedy Ortiz have been added to our Friday Festival lineup. New York Magazine calls them “electrifying” and Rolling Stone calls their recently released Foil Deer one of 2015’s most irresistable albums. See them Friday as Solid Sound gets cranking.

http://solidsoundfestival.com/speedy-ortiz-added-to-solid-sound-2015/

I have two 3-day passes for sale. Happy to sell them at the face value, $124 each. Heck, I'm willing to beat the current price on StubHub: $105. Can deliver them via email.

I'm sure all of you already have your tickets, though :lol

Edit: Ended up selling them on StubHub!