Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that week is also a joyful one, as it is the week we begin planning to attend the next Solid Sound! :)

In two years : (

I'm wildly optimistic that there may be an announcement at Solid Sound that could tide us over, Wilco wise, for the time being. AKA a new album, but this is only based off of an interview Jeff gave to the LA Times a few months ago saying there were like 36 songs ready for a new album.

Well, that and the fact that they announced the Whole Love at SS 2011

Thanks for posting this year's maps.

I seem to recall that the first shuttle stop on the purple line was always a lot further west along Route 2, close to the Cumberland Farms, i.e. next to the Willows Motel and across the street from the Maple Terrace Motel. Am I reading this year's map correctly? 

Thanks for posting this year's maps.

I seem to recall that the first shuttle stop on the purple line was always a lot further west along Route 2, close to the Cumberland Farms, i.e. next to the Willows Motel and across the street from the Maple Terrace Motel. Am I reading this year's map correctly? 

Yes, there was a paved lot in front of an office building near Cumberland Farms.  Not this year though.

I thought the shuttle have a stop in Williamstown

Looking at the map is far from where I'll stay :/

Williamstown is pretty close to North Adams, though. I have a friend who goes to school there, and last summer we saw Beck at Mass Moca (it will be almost exactly a year in between that show and SS) - we didn't stay in Williamstown (and may or may not next week) but we were there before the show and it's only a few minutes apart.

The weekend forecast I looked at this morning for North Adams was calling for cool temps and rain Friday and Sunday.  Let's everyone collectively hope for sunshine and clear skies! (Or at least no downpours....)

Yes, chance of rain in the forecast Friday and Sunday, but miniscule amounts. Friday just 0.04 inch. and Sunday just 0.2.  At least I think those are miniscule amounts.

Speaking from experience (living in Maine) New England weather tends to be very fickle / unpredictable this time of year...

Yes, it's only Monday. NE weather forecasters have no idea what's going to happen on Friday-Sunday.  That won't stop me from obsessively checking the forecasts though.

Also, I have a request....I know it's late but my boy hasn't been sure of his plans until now! My son Brennan & his new bride Mariela will be needing a ride from North Adams to Boston (airport) on Monday, June 29th. If anyone on here might be able to help them out, I'd be eternally grateful! Let me know if you might have room.
His flight back to CA from Boston leaves at about 2 p.m. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! He'd be happy to pay you something for the assistance, and he & Mariela are lovely traveling companions.

Otherwise he's going to have to live in North Adams from now on and I'd probably only see him every other summer.  :uhoh Please, help a mother out.   :thumbup  :hug

So, what's a good time to show up on Friday?

Music starts at 6 with Mikael.

How much "browsing time" would you all recommend for first-timers?

I would say get there as early as you possibly can on Friday. There is so much to see in the museum and the galleries and once the festival gets rolling you'll be hard pressed to find any time to explore it. I would take advantage of the beautiful facility itself, as well as the food and drink.

So how early is early? The PR article today said gates open at 430. Is that correct?

The museum is open for business on Friday.there might be an admission charge. I don't remember for sure because last time I was a member of the museum so it was free

Settled in Pittsfield after a most enjoyable, traffic free, blue sky- kissed 5 1/2 hour drive with my daughter.

We have a lovely old Victorian rental in the heart of town.

Took turns on the music..... I can't get "Uptown Funk" or "Bad Blood' out of my head (i'm talking to you, parents of teenage girls). I'm thinking she's not having the same issue with St. Vincent, Courtney Barnett, or a wonderful 10.30.90 Wembley Dead show.. Or maybe not.

For now, a small price to pay.

Safe travels, everybody!

Just finished my work for the week.  HOLY CRAP  I'm leaving for Solid Sound in less than 10 hrs!  I barely know any of you but I can't wait to see your beautiful unknown faces!!!

Looking forward to meeting you, Curt! Hope I didn't overwhelm you with all that detailed info I sent!

:ike