Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this should go in the craft beer thread, but it also pertains to SS, so what the heck...

United changed my flights after I'd already booked them, so I'm looking at a 5-hour layover at O'Hare Thursday morning from 8:45 until 1:45. I obviously need to be sober when I arrive in Albany that evening, but I figure I'll kill some time and a few beers at the airport. It looks like there's a small, unexceptional Goose Island bar near my gate in Concourse C, but I'm willing to trek across the airport (Is that even possible?) in search of a better location for decent beer and food. 

Any suggestions?

If you want to avoid your cell phone altogether, there is a screen with up to date social media in the main lobby. At least there was one in 2013. I recommended such a thing on here back in 2011. 

dagwave, I'll be staying in Pittsfield too and I'd recommend a dry run, if you haven't already to Mass MoCa. It's definitely a dark drive on some old country roads. 

17227073255_1e56e1179f_c-1.jpg

From Facebook:

We regret to announce that due to US State Dept. Visa issues, King Sunny Ade must cancel his performance at the Solid Sound Festival this Sunday (as well as numerous other US dates).

Download the revised three-day schedule here:http://bit.ly/Schedule_SSF15

With the Taj Mahal cancelation, that's two of my must-sees down the drain. :(

My feeling exactly, outside of Wilco those were my next two must see acts.  I've seen Taj a few times, I've never seen King Sunny Ade.

From Facebook:

We regret to announce that due to US State Dept. Visa issues, King Sunny Ade must cancel his performance at the Solid Sound Festival this Sunday (as well as numerous other US dates).

Download the revised three-day schedule here:http://bit.ly/Schedule_SSF15

With the Taj Mahal cancelation, that's two of my must-sees down the drain. :(

I'm still thrilled to be going- with Wilco, Tweedy/Jeff Tweedy & Richard Thompson alone, it'd be plenty enough for me...but...

Ouch!! King Sunny Ade was way up there was acts I was the most excited about! And I'd have to love to have seen Taj Mahal again too! That's some really tough last minute breaks for all concerned.

Just get Yo La Tengo to fill in!!! :)

My feeling exactly, outside of Wilco those were my next two must see acts.  I've seen Taj a few times, I've never seen King Sunny Ade.

Well, it does suck that King Sunny can't make it but, I can heartily recommend Ryley Walker on Saturday as well as Parquet Courts and the great Charles Lloyd on Sunday. Still plenty to be excited about. It's great just hanging in North Adams for the weekend w/the family.

Urgent travel message: If there are folks traveling from the Boston area down Rt 2 West to N Adams please be aware that that the exit onto I-91 S that most on-line navigators will send you is closed for repairs!   It is a long detour to get back to Rt 2 West if you follow the navigators (google maps, yahoo maps mapquest etc.) as they are as yet unaware of this closure!

Instead, take either the MA 2A W exit (French King Highway it's a left at a traffic light) or the next exit for US Rt 5/10 to downtown Greenfield. (It's a right exit) Both will take you to downtown Greenfield where you will take a right back onto Rt 2 W (Main St in Greenfield). Traffic is always pretty light going through downtown Greenfield so no worries and the bonus is you get to go through a real old school New England downtown where there is a co-op (Greenfield's Market), The People's Pint Brew Pub (which is awesome), a great beer store (Ryan and Casey Liquors) and lots of other local businesses and restaurants. The Rt 5/10 exit has more options for gas stations, drug stores etc. 

Hope this helps.  See you there!

Urgent travel message: If there are folks traveling from the Boston area down Rt 2 West to N Adams please be aware that that the exit onto I-91 S that most on-line navigators will send you is closed for repairs!   It is a long detour to get back to Rt 2 West if you follow the navigators (google maps, yahoo maps mapquest etc.) as they are as yet unaware of this closure!

Instead, take either the MA 2A W exit (French King Highway it's a left at a traffic light) or the next exit for US Rt 5/10 to downtown Greenfield. (It's a right exit) Both will take you to downtown Greenfield where you will take a right back onto Rt 2 W (Main St in Greenfield). Traffic is always pretty light going through downtown Greenfield so no worries and the bonus is you get to go through a real old school New England downtown where there is a co-op (Greenfield's Market), The People's Pint Brew Pub (which is awesome), a great beer store (Ryan and Casey Liquors) and lots of other local businesses and restaurants. The Rt 5/10 exit has more options for gas stations, drug stores etc. 

Thanks SO much for your thoughtfulness! I've printed this out & am securing it in my luggage, since we are driving from Boston. I love how this community takes care of each other! :)

Hope to meet you & everyone else at the VC meet-up table....on the deck above Courtyard C, look for a big section of a purple pool-type "fun noodle" with the letters VC on it, Friday night. Soon!

Coming from Hartford for SS III i took 91 N to 90 W then to MA 7 N to Williamstown. Is it faster to stay on 91 and take RT 2?

I hate to be a bummer, but the weather forecast is worsening.  Bring your rain gear.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.70014807357586&lon=-73.20896846142455&site=all&smap=1#.VYsQSVI-Yg4

"If you don't like the weather in New England now, just wait a few minutes."

Mark Twain

All packed & ready to hit the road tomorrow morning. I think we're going to make a stop in Williamstown to see the Van Gogh exhibit at the Clark museum.

If any of you will be in North Adams tomorrow night, The Fantastic Negrito is playing outside. I caught his NPR tiny desk concert and liked it.

Safe travels, everyone. See you there!

Coming from Hartford for SS III i took 91 N to 90 W then to MA 7 N to Williamstown. Is it faster to stay on 91 and take RT 2?

About the same as raspberryjam already posted, Rt 2 may have a little less traffic.  Both are scenic, Rt 2 is a little more spectacular as you get close to N Adams if you are driving while it is light. 

All packed & ready to hit the road tomorrow morning. I think we're going to make a stop in Williamstown to see the Van Gogh exhibit at the Clark museum.

If any of you will be in North Adams tomorrow night, The Fantastic Negrito is playing outside. I caught his NPR tiny desk concert and liked it.

Safe travels, everyone. See you there!

Enjoy the show! Want to hear stories! Hope all is well!