Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

Stranded on Long Island

My ride to Solid Sound has backed out on me. If anyone has room for me I'd be willing to pay all gas and tolls and more...

Please contact Michael @ 707-685-4571

Caught in a pot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Guardian comes up with some random coverage in the UK. Nothing too dramatic but the last line is nice.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/25/wilco-solid-sound-festival-daydream

“In almost every way I can think of, I feel more inspired and energetic and grateful and excited to do my job than I’ve ever felt,” he says. “The band today is what I thought the band was at the beginning. It took a lot for it to get there.”

The Guardian comes up with some random coverage in the UK. Nothing too dramatic but the last line is nice.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/25/wilco-solid-sound-festival-daydream

The line before that is even nicer

"Wilco is accounting its 20th year with a recent box set of rarities and last year played a marathon run of shows in Chicago where the band played every song in its catalog. Next up: a new album, possibly out late this year."

I am trying, unsuccessfully, to not let it deflate my energy in the run up to SS.  But after 2 years of waiting for the return of SS, and after all this dry weather, I just want to scream.

Rain = fewer people waiting in Joe's Field = better spot for you....

& I'm not an optimist. Just bring your poncho & it'll be great.

Yes but with everyone wearing rain gear how is Tim going to shoot the SS '15 Wilco tee shirt collection?

You don't own a Wilco (the poncho) Poncho?

I can't recall if it was the first or second SSF but I recall being part of a poncho rainbow down on the field... We were soaked, but it was a good time!

I doubt it'll rain ALL weekend, but if it does I'll make the best of it. Not going to let it spoil a great weekend of music.

It poured on Friday night in 2011 and left Joe's Field flooded that entire weekend. However, that was still an amazing Solid Sound if not for the sheer volume of songs that they played that I rarely get to hear ("Hotel Arizona", Hell is Chrome"). I would say that it was better than Solid Sound #3 because two nights of Wilco is better than A cover set (however special that was) and no "A Ghost is Born"). Simply put, come equipped, spend time in the galleries when the rain is hardest, and enjoy the show because this does only happen "Every Other Year". Maybe one day they will go back to the original August when New England is pretty dry. 

Also- tune in tomorrow morning on 93.9 FM for Breakfast with Wilco, starting at 7:00 AM. "Rising Early since '94', indeed!

http://wrsi.com/2015/06/22/wilco-week-on-the-wiver-we-mean-river/

In anticipation of Solid Sound and Monte’s Breakfast with Wilco starting Friday morning at 7, we’re celebrating pseudo-local heros Wilco’s takeover of Mass MoCA for Solid Sound.  Watch the trailer for the new documentary on Solid Sound.  Check out the lineup. And listen Friday morning starting at 7AM for Breakfast With Wilco with Jeff & Spencer Tweedy, John Stirrat, Pat Sansone, Glen Kotche plus the Mayor of North Adams, Dick Alcombright and Breakfast With Wilco Winner, Corey Ramsey and questions from YOU! - See more at: http://wrsi.com/2015/06/22/wilco-week-on-the-wiver-we-mean-river/#sthash.l8AHlEND.dpuf

hey all- haven't been around these parts in a while, but can't wait to see you all in less than 24 hours! leaving boston in the morning- bummed about taj & king sunny ade but very happy to see speedy ortiz for the first time to kick off the night. hope to meet some of you for reals this weekend. happy festival eve- bring your dancing rainboots. :)