Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a jest

A married jest now.

It's funny to me how much these places of lodging that would be scoffed at by most people most of the year are now charging 400 a night because that's what the market will bare. There's a fine line between capitalism and gouging.

If Jack's starts charging 9 dollars for a hot dog and Desperado's starts wanting 22 dollars for a house margarita, I will personally start the rioting.

It's funny to me how much these places of lodging that would be scoffed at by most people most of the year are now charging 400 a night because that's what the market will bare. There's a fine line between capitalism and gouging.

If Jack's starts charging 9 dollars for a hot dog and Desperado's starts wanting 22 dollars for a house margarita, I will personally start the rioting.

Those hot dogs at Jack's are killer. In many ways. Looking forward to one for lunch on June 26, 2015.

ive never been to Solid Sound but would love to go. it seems as if lodging is a real hassle?? arent there campsites nearby that are affordable?

Yes, and there are ways to make hotel lodging very affordable too. For one thing, I don't know where this $400/night info comes from, but I've never heard of anything like that, and I've been to all 3 previous festivals. Yes, lodging is tight--it's a small town and there are limited lodging options within a 7-8 mile radius, but I've never heard of any places charging more than about $250/night, and most are in the $200/night range. If you're willing to be flexible, find roommates and you cut your expenses in half (or in fourths, if you cram 4 people in a room like I've done!)It's just a place to sleep. And as others have stated, there are houses for rent (check out VRBO and airbnb, for example) and places a little farther out of town. It's not too soon to start planning, but it's way too soon to start feeling desperate.

My best advice: Make your reservations NOW. You can always cancel later if plans change. The festival won't be an immediate sellout, but lodging is at a premium. Be persistent and plan ahead!

Thinking of travelling from UK. I take it there is a campsite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ffs! Should have read the post before mine before posting! Was wading through hotel and b&b comments looking for camping info! Apologies for numptyness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just booked what I'm told was the last room at Maple Terrace for the weekend. Stayed there for the past two, lovely spot. Thought I was ahead of the game, but looks like I almost missed out...over a year in advance!

That's where we're staying. See you there!

• 4 weeks later...

I've got reservations - The Econo Lodge in New Ashford - think 1960's ski lodge - Folks are very cool and accommodating.  Best part the whole weekend is costing me $268.  Yes that's two nights!  

So now - when do think tickets will come out and who are you hoping for this time around?  Last time around my bet was YLT, though my son kept saying no I felt sure.  This time my intuition is telling me, Andrew Bird or the Hansome Family or both!  I just have that vibe, just like YLT in 2013.  What are you feeling?

Love the Replacements, but would their inclusion overwhelm Solid Sound? They would be the biggest name band to be included at SS.

What do you think the chances are that the Wilco as we've known them is the same band that takes the stage at SS 2015? Wonder what the Vegas line would be on that proposition bet.

Love the Replacements, but would their inclusion overwhelm Solid Sound? They would be the biggest name band to be included at SS.

What do you think the chances are that the Wilco as we've known them is the same band that takes the stage at SS 2015? Wonder what the Vegas line would be on that proposition bet.

Not counting festival shows, what size venues have they been playing since "reuniting'? 

They all have been festivals so far. There's the one non-festival scheduled in St Paul that you mentioned and one in Queens in Sept which I'll be going to! 

I think they'd be a great fit at Solid Sound. I don't think the Replacements would be a distraction or overwhelm the festival. I think there are tons of Wilco fans that are also Replacement fans. I myself found Wilco because they were opening for Westerberg in Chicago many years ago. Anyway, I wishing for it!

Does Wilco usually do two shows at Solid Sound?   If so, have Wilco do one show, Tweedy do one, and the Replacements do one.  Tweedy on the first night, Replacements second night, Wilco third night.

the first year it was Wilco on sat night, Tweedy solo on sunday

the next year Wilco did two sets

the last time it was covers set on Friday and regular set Sat.

I don't think Wilco did 2 sets the second year. I think they only did one on Sat, and then Levon closed it out on Sunday.