Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

I don't think Wilco did 2 sets the second year. I think they only did one on Sat, and then Levon closed it out on Sunday.

Wilco did 2 nights each year other than the first.

As much as I love(d) the Replacements, no way I would want to see Wilco give up a night at their own festival. I'm quite happy with 2 Wilco shows at Solid Sound thank you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'd be a great fit at Solid Sound. I don't think the Replacements would be a distraction or overwhelm the festival. I think there are tons of Wilco fans that are also Replacement fans. I myself found Wilco because they were opening for Westerberg in Chicago many years ago. Anyway, I wishing for it!

I agree, and like you it was The Replacements that got me on the Jeff train when Uncle Tupelo opened for them at Toad's in New Haven back in '91, and oh what a ride it's been  :guitar

:lol

i've seen two of those bands.

my mind was blown recently when talking w/ Tom Brewitt (Big Dipper bass player) at the recent GBV show, and he told me that he saw Electric Wizard at The Hideaway in 2002. The Hideaway was a tiny little shithole across the street from where I now work. had no idea.

...no way I would want to see Wilco give up a night at their own festival. I'm quite happy with 2 Wilco shows at Solid Sound thank you.

I'm with you. The second year was my fave. Even though Wilco played both nights the third year, too, and the Friday nite covers show was super-fun, I like to be saturated with Wilco for Solid Sound.

I'm with you. The second year was my fave. Even though Wilco played both nights the third year, too, and the Friday nite covers show was super-fun, I like to be saturated with Wilco for Solid Sound.

As opposed to saturated with rainfall, I'm sure :lol

My greatest hope, but I doubt it will happen, would be two Wilco shows & a Tweedy/Jeff Tweedy show.
My other hopes involve Richard Thompson/Richard Thompson (my dream of dreams would be a Richard & Linda Thompson reunion!), Donna The Buffalo, St. Vincent, The Tedesci-Trucks Band, & Television...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm hoping that Solid Sound 2015 features two Wilco performances on Fri. & Sat., with another covers/request night (I'm going for "It's All Too Much" by The Beatles as a show stopping closer suggestion), & on Sunday a performance by Tweedy!! I don't know if we'll get the solo acoustic half of things too, though that would be amazing if it happened.
I've gotta believe there will be two nights of Wilco, & I'd be very surprised if there wasn't also a Tweedy performance too

And my wish list for other performers...
I'd love a repeat of Yo La Tengo (but doubt we'll get that)...Richard Thompson/Richard Thompson Band, Donna The Buffalo, The Replacements, Television, St. Vincent, Lucinda Williams, Patti Smith, & The Tedesci-Trucks Band.

I agree, and like you it was The Replacements that got me on the Jeff train when Uncle Tupelo opened for them at Toad's in New Haven back in '91, and oh what a ride it's been  :guitar

Uncle Tupelo opened for the Mat's in New Haven, 1991?  Where's my rewind button?  At that time I was:

1) a huge Mat's fan, having cut my high school teeth on Let it Be and Tim

2) a somewhat lesser UT fan, having cut those same high school teeth in the metro-east St Louis area and

3) Living in central CT!  

I was poor and living in the middle of nowhere at the time but still...Wow.  Can't believe that got by me.

I'm a wee bit surprised that Grace Potter has never appeared at Solid Sound.  Good musical fit, great festival-ish band that could attract people across genres, and apparently Wilco fans because they've covered a couple songs. Plus they just kick ass.

I'm a wee bit surprised that Grace Potter has never appeared at Solid Sound. Good musical fit, great festival-ish band that could attract people across genres, and apparently Wilco fans because they've covered a couple songs. Plus they just kick ass.

Grace has covered Wilco tunes? Which ones? Saw her at Lockn', that band did kick ass. Plus, I'm always a sucker for a pretty girl in a short dress playing a Flying V!

Uncle Tupelo opened for the Mat's in New Haven, 1991?  Where's my rewind button?  At that time I was:

1) a huge Mat's fan, having cut my high school teeth on Let it Be and Tim

2) a somewhat lesser UT fan, having cut those same high school teeth in the metro-east St Louis area and

3) Living in central CT!  

I was poor and living in the middle of nowhere at the time but still...Wow.  Can't believe that got by me.

That capped off a great week of music, besides the UT/Mats show we also had the Social Distortion/Sonic Youth/Neil Young & Crazy Horse tour in the area and I caught that a few times including two days before the Mats show.

I'm a wee bit surprised that Grace Potter has never appeared at Solid Sound.  Good musical fit, great festival-ish band that could attract people across genres, and apparently Wilco fans because they've covered a couple songs. Plus they just kick ass.

And she and the band were in the 15th row or so for "An Evening with Wilco" show in Concord, NH a few years back. Looking like they just stepped off the set of "Almost Famous".