Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they sent out for feedback last year, I said I would gladly pay more for less people.  #3 was just too crowded.

Agree. The third one definitely lost the intimacy I felt with #1&2, and at times the sheer volume of people trying to squeeze into small spaces made it less enjoyable. But like someone above said, I seriously doubt they'd be looking to make it smaller. And i have no doubt it will still be the highlight of my summer!

I agree too! SS3 was not as enjoyable for me on Saturday which I thought was way overcrowded. 

SS1 & 2 were so great and I loved everything about them but 3 lost a bit of its appeal for me. 

Of course, I'm going next year regardless, but it would be nice to not have such big numbers on Sat.

I just logged onto frontgate and it says tickets are on sale at 9:55.

Also-strollers should not be allowed.  People were carrying them up and down stairways and seriously gumming up the gears.  Passageways are too narrow to accommodate.  I hate to even say it, because I'm a parent myself and seriously hate it when I feel like my rights are less important than people without kids.  I'll defend babies on planes when I'm an old lady.  But strollers are too much at MassMoCA.

I would love to see a No Blanket/Chair zone like at Newport FF

JazzFest does that also.  The difference for me being there we are going from stage to stage to tent to tent, usually moving around every hour or so.  At SS, from the time they open the gates to Joe's Field until the time Wilco comes on is many hours, I just can't stand that entire time.  So I have a chair to sit, which i pack up when Wilco comes on.

At SS, from the time they open the gates to Joe's Field until the time Wilco comes on is many hours, I just can't stand that entire time.  

How early do you have to go in and wait in front of the stage before the Wilco sets if you want to be up close? And do you miss a lot of performances by the other acts doing so? Seems counter-intuitive to the purpose of the fest if we have to stand around all day to get a good spot...I'm curious, as this will be our first SS.

I've never really worked to get up front at SS.  There are people who will go to the field as soon as it's open and hang at the rail all day.  If you go with a friend, you could trade off I suppose.  But for me, there is so much quality entertainment all around the venue, it's not worth it.  Don't get me wrong, I'll go early to get at the rail at other concerts.  But a lot of the appeal for me at SS is discovering new stuff and the art.

I don't go to the rail.  I'm happy being at the soundboard.  It has been different over the years (subject to my memory). I think SS 1 or 2, they opened the gates to Joe's Field on Saturday at like 5:00, a little while before whoever was playing in front of Wilco. My memory is that at the last SS they opened the field much earlier, maybe all day.  I could be wrong about all that.  There's a lot of stuff going on all day and exhibits to see.  I like checking out the music, my wife plants herself in the comedy show and we meet up and check out everything.

I've never really worked to get up front at SS. There are people who will go to the field as soon as it's open and hang at the rail all day. If you go with a friend, you could trade off I suppose. But for me, there is so much quality entertainment all around the venue, it's not worth it. Don't get me wrong, I'll go early to get at the rail at other concerts. But a lot of the appeal for me at SS is discovering new stuff and the art.

Exactly. For most Wilco shows my wife & I are right up front, but S.S. is different. Last time we had a blanket up on the hill. It was perfect.