Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to reserve a room, just in case I find the line up unmissable.

The Replacements would be a HUGE push for my wife and I, as we have been fans for a long time, and would love to see them live.

Anyone know when we can expect to see the line up?

am i crazy for having a Malkmus/ Jicks  and J Mascis vibe?

Love the Bird wish and ADORE the 'Mats prayer, and sinc Ie i've crowned theeself SS curator: Television, too!!

Mascis is a natural local pick. Malkmus would rule.

How about Mission of Burma?

or going back to the Tweedy video w/ the cameo of Steve in it, a Shellac set would be awesome.

There are some great names being tossed around...and I've gotta say Television & The Replacements are topping my list of what I've heard so far, & they are real possibilities...

Another person, who they repeatedly jammed with on the AmericanaramA tour (I got to see two of those shows with RT), & who would be amazing is Richard Thompson- in either electric or acoustic incarnation...but making sure that he's packing a Strat (or that Wilco's brought one for him) so he & Nels can rip it up again...

My dark horse hopeful choice is Donna The Buffalo...

So many great possibilities to think about. Besides the obvious euphoria of having the 'Mats or Television play, I love the idea of Richard Thompson, in any format. And my personal favorite choice would be Los Lobos. Hidalgo played last year and remarked what a fabulous place it was to play, so hoping they can get the full band there for '15.

Deer Tick would be great and the Felice Brothers.  Phospherescent (Matthew Houck) would fit in nicely as well.  Can't wait for the announcements to begin.  As much as I would love Mavis too, she has already played the festival and it seems they aren't repeating artists just yet... I hope I'm wrong b/c I love seeing Jeff and Mavis together

Loving all the possibilities and can't wait for some announcements.  Maybe as a holiday treat there will be some revelations?

I saw Mascis walking around the museum exhibits at Solid Sound 2013 so he is definitely a good possibility.  

So many great possibilities to think about. Besides the obvious euphoria of having the 'Mats or Television play, I love the idea of Richard Thompson, in any format. And my personal favorite choice would be Los Lobos. Hidalgo played last year and remarked what a fabulous place it was to play, so hoping they can get the full band there for '15.

First and foremost, I would love to have 2 Wilco sets, Friday and Saturday nights.  All else is gravy.

staying w/ the local theme and Wilco's occasional penchant for outlier/fringe musicians, this would be a perfect time to get Ben Chasny and Dredd Foole on stage.

or better yet, also include Rangda! Corsano was roaming around at least two of these already, and Glenn specifically gave him a shout out at the drum installation at SSF 1 when he was in the room. Rick Bishop's already played one, and Chasny is local too (at least i think he still lives in Western MA).

a Rangda set would be intense. do it, please, Wilco!

For what it's worth, June 26th, 27th, and 28th are listed on Wilcoworld's show page as Wilco shows with the opportunity to request songs.

That makes me happy.  Are you coming, Brianne?

There are some very good names being thrown out there.  I would also second Dr. Dog and Deer Tick.  Justin Townes Earle would be enjoyable as well.

staying w/ the local theme and Wilco's occasional penchant for outlier/fringe musicians, this would be a perfect time to get Ben Chasny and Dredd Foole on stage.

or better yet, also include Rangda! Corsano was roaming around at least two of these already, and Glenn specifically gave him a shout out at the drum installation at SSF 1 when he was in the room. Rick Bishop's already played one, and Chasny is local too (at least i think he still lives in Western MA).

a Rangda set would be intense. do it, please, Wilco!

With all do respect, I sincerely hope that I never have to sit through another Dredd Foole set. Once was one time too many.