Most Underrated Wilco Song?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure this has been done before but cant find it.

Im gonna go with One Wing. I don't hear a lot of props for that purty tune

Good call. I don't know if it's the "most" underrated tune, will have to think about that some more, but I believe it to be a very underrated and under appreciated song by the Wilco cognoscenti (as far as I can tell). Always sounds great in every live version I've seen or heard.

I actually really like "Don't You Honey Me".  Even though it's got cheesy lyrics, it hits me.

I like "What Light" a bunch too.

"Just a Kid" is one of my favorite Wilco tunes, too. Doesn't seem to get a lot of mention/love.

I haven't really listened to the albums that came after Sky Blue Sky yet, and probably should....

I actually really like "Don't You Honey Me".  Even though it's got cheesy lyrics, it hits me.

I like "What Light" a bunch too.

"Just a Kid" is one of my favorite Wilco tunes, too. Doesn't seem to get a lot of mention/love.

I haven't really listened to the albums that came after Sky Blue Sky yet, and probably should....

i love those 3 as well. i dont know what people dont like about What Light. listen to the other albums too - but the lyrics seem be harder to sing along to!

I think "Wishful Thinking" has enough respect in the community, but "One Wing", I was sad to see that song disappear from the live set. They should bring back the pairing with "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart", that was my favorite part of the W(tA) and Evening With sets.

This is a tough crowd for this question but I will suggest "More Like The Moon".

Good choice, I forgot about that one. It has such a nice intimate feel, sounds great on headphones & beautiful guitar.

I would also vote for Thanks I Get, especially when it's done live with The Total Pros.

"We're Just Friends."  It doesn't get a lot of respect, but it's one of my favorite Wilco songs.  I like to think of it as a soft and wounded miniature--simple yet beautiful, with something real, honest, and touching about it, all while sounding like an exposed raw nerve.  The ache in Jeff's scratchy, tremulous vocals is palpable.