Sending love to srmt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very best of wishes and positive energy.

Aw, this is very sad news.  I got to meet and deal professionally with Sue once when my band played at Lounge Axe in the 1990s.  It was the last night of a month long tour and the whole band was pretty wiped out, but she was so welcoming and easy to deal with that we had a great night and were recharged for the long drive back to Atlanta.

Sending all manner of positive and healing forces to Sue and all of her loved ones.

• 2 weeks later...

From our Family in Boston to Yours ..

We Are Sending out A Good Strong Wish, Coupled With Prayer for You and Your Family.

Shields Family

And yes all 5 are Wilco Fans

We are working on converting the dogs but JT has to climb higher on those notes ; > )

• 2 weeks later...

just read her latest FB entry...sending good vibes because I don't like what I'm reading, however I thought it was funny that she asked Jeff to shave off his neck beard!

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask you to elaborate but I've been anxious for an update on her diagnosis.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask you to elaborate but I've been anxious for an update on her diagnosis.

I think it's OK to ask because what's being discussed is something that she chose to share publicly via facebook, & I must agree that I'd love to hear any news...of course hoping for good news & continued progress too!!! So I hope our previous poster is willing to elaborate as well...

Sue's doctors are trying to determine what some spots are on her spine . They have done a lot of tests including a bone biopsy, but apparently the results so far haven't been definitive. They are still trying to determine whether the spots are tumors or if it might be some sort of metabolic bone issue.

I'm amazed at how Susan is coping with the endless waiting and not-knowing. She's incredible. And I'll bet Jeff looks great with his neck-beard shaved off. 

Please, let's not speculate here on her health...just keep sending your prayers, love, and good wishes. And let's avail the family of the same privacy we'd want for our own families in this situation.

We love you, Sue.

I really don't think there's any reason to start sniping at each other. It would be nice if everyone just backed off a little bit.

I'm sure I'm not the only person here who's had the experience of getting frustrating, confusing and upsetting medical information, looking for a conclusive diagnosis and a clear path forward, and having it all seem like one step forward, two steps back. It can seem like a neverending saga. Maybe when Sue initially posted this information to her friends on FB, she was expecting a clearcut resolution to be on the horizon. Perhaps she now wishes she hadn't been so candid and brave--who knows? But I do know that it seems unsavory to be carping at each other.

My goodness people; calm the fuck down.

This is a very upsetting situation to everyone. This has become public and naturally people are going to speculate. In times like these, individuals don't want people speculating, but they DO want support, so that's why they make it public. Other people don't want it public because people are going to speculate. I know Sue a bit and I do wish her all the best. But I also know several people very well that are going through something similar and it is very very upsetting. I hope most of you don't have to know people personally that are in this type of health crisis, because it is beyond upsetting. That is an understatement because the real emotions are much deeper, personal, and even incomprehensible. Everyone needs to be more sensitive to everyone.

Thanks. Maybe we can allow this thread to contain whatever facts we know, be supportive, and let it go at that.

My goodness people; calm the fuck down.

This is a very upsetting situation to everyone. This has become public and naturally people are going to speculate. In times like these, individuals don't want people speculating, but they DO want support, so that's why they make it public. Other people don't want it public because people are going to speculate. I know Sue a bit and I do wish her all the best. But I also know several people very well that are going through something similar and it is very very upsetting. I hope most of you don't have to know people personally that are in this type of health crisis, because it is beyond upsetting. That is an understatement because the real emotions are much deeper, personal, and even incomprehensible. Everyone needs to be more sensitive to everyone.

Thanks. Maybe we can allow this thread to contain whatever facts we know, be supportive, and let it go at that.

I'm sorry for the experience you're going through. I've been going through a similar experience with my uncle for years now. he's been very lucky so far. it is difficult for sure and everyone wants a positive outcome and to be supportive. but we also have to face the fact that some things don't always turn out the way we want them too. I truly hope that this is nothing serious for Sue and that she gets the quality care she deserves. lord knows she has tons of people that love her!

Hi everyone, Susan Miller is really super appreciative of everyone's kind notes and thoughts. However, she's requested that this particular thread be locked. This way, it will be clearly understood that nobody should expect updates, good or bad, in this public forum.  Again, there's been no harm done and she doesn't want anyone to take this in a negative context. That's why the thread's not being deleted. Its just going to be locked. Thanks! :)