Jeff Tweedy solo album?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Dec 17th, Jeff mentioned he was working on an album (with son Spencer) during his remote performance from LA, which was skyped into the Second City Chicago Letters to Santa 24-hour fundraiser event.  That, in turn, was web-casted to anyone who wanted to watch from home (me!).  So, yes, it's true!  He did say that. 

No date of release was mentioned though. 

viachicago.org/topic/49497-letters-to-santa-dec-17-13-tweedy-via-video-chat

So the first Loose Fur album in ages, the first Jeff Tweedy solo album ever (with Spencer on drums no less...), hopefully, continuing Jeff solo dates for this year... & then more likely 2015 for the new Wilco album & Solid Sound for sure. That's a whole lot to look forward to!!

Would love a solo album from Jeff. I do not think, however, he is interested in re-recording Wilco material for a solo record. I would think he has other songs that may not work in the Wilco setting (like all those Golden Smog tunes he wrote back in the day) and the album would highlight those songs. I think most of us here would rather hear new songs from Jeff than solo takes on Wilco songs, which we've already heard in many settings.

So the first Loose Fur album in ages, the first Jeff Tweedy solo album ever (with Spencer on drums no less...), hopefully, continuing Jeff solo dates for this year... & then more likely 2015 for the new Wilco album & Solid Sound for sure. That's a whole lot to look forward to!!

I've not heard a thing about new Loose Fur.  More info please!!

Did they postpone it yet again? First they were gonna release something last year, now it's already 2015 or what? They don't really seem to have their heart in Wilco at this point. :(

Oh and this could be interesting but at the same time I kinda expect 10 x something like Open Mind from a Jeff Tweedy solo album and I can't say that's a very exciting prospect.

Oh and this could be interesting but at the same time I kinda expect 10 x something like Open Mind from a Jeff Tweedy solo album and I can't say that's a very exciting prospect.

Would rather that VS another Wilco album full of songs like Open Mind.

But why?

Also, Wilco doesn't do albums full of songs like Open Mind.

Hi :wave

I'm here because of your rumor mongering.

I guess I just have more tolerance for a bad Wilco song when hearing Jeff play it solo. An example: I never liked One Wing, and then when I saw him play it solo I fell in love with it. As far as I'm concerned, the middle part of The Whole Love feels like filler-- all songs on par with Open Mind.

I guess I just have more tolerance for a bad Wilco song when hearing Jeff play it solo. An example: I never liked One Wing, and then when I saw him play it solo I fell in love with it. As far as I'm concerned, the middle part of The Whole Love feels like filler-- all songs on par with Open Mind.

You'd be wrong.

Would Jeff need a good back-up band to help him power thru a "solo" album? Bob Weir had a great back-up band for his "solo" project, Ace. Come to think of it, Jerry Garcia used the exact same back-up band for one of his "solo" projects, Reflections.

Would Jeff need a good back-up band to help him power thru a "solo" album? Bob Weir had a great back-up band for his "solo" project, Ace. Come to think of it, Jerry Garcia used the exact same back-up band for one of his "solo" projects, Reflections.

Would be awesome if the Grateful Dead were Jeff's backup band!