Strangest Guest performers you have seen at a show

Wilco did a great job on the Americana tour with the strangest guests if you ask me. The show I saw featured a bunch of jaw droppers:

Wilco w/ Warren Haynes (amazing) & w/ Ian Hunter (amazing)

Pearl Jam 20 show at Alpine Valley had a ton too. I saw: 

All Night (w/ Glen Hansard, David Garza & Joseph Arhur backing vocals)

Habit w/ Liam Finn

Red Mosquito (w/ Julian Casablancas)

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter A Small Town (w/ Dhani Harrison)

New World w/John Doe

Smile (w/ Glen Hansard)

Hunger Strike (Chris Cornell duets with Vedder)

Reach Down (w/ backing vocals by Eddie Vedder, Glen Hansard, Dhani Harrison, David Garza and Liam Finn)

Sonic Reducer (w/ Mudhoney)

There's a difference between being on the same bill and on the same stage together, right?

I'd say my oddest moment was the dinosaur jr 25th anniversary show of Your Living All Over Me. Fred Armisen playing drums with Jon Petkovic on vocals for a Stooges song was bizarre, but was easily topped with Johnny Marr and Dale Crover playing. smiths song with J and Lou.

Nancy Sinatra with Wilco

Yeah that was completely surprising and surreal, although weirdly enjoyable to me.

At one of the Dylan and Petty shows in LA in 1986, a strange looking little creature in a cloak ( I was way in the back, hard to see) came onstage during Knockin' On Heaven's Door.  I had no idea who it was until a voice emerged.  It turned out to be Annie Lennox and she wailed on that song!

Etta James sang with the GD on NYE (and the night before) in 1982. Apparently, she had never heard of them previously. Tower of Power Horns joined and some nice versions of "Tell Mama," "Lovelight," etc. were played....

I was there on 12/30 when they did Hard to Handle and Tell Mama. 

I wasn't there, but I heard rumors of Don Henley jumping up on stage with Mojo Nixon to sing with him on "Don Henley Must Die".

If that is true, I have a new respect for DH.

It's true, and I seriously think it could very well be the most badass thing anyone in rock has ever done. 

I realize it's the most unlikely thing to say about Don Henley, but shit - the guy got onstage to sing a song calling for his death with the guy who wrote it. Can any of us imagine say, Rollins doing that?

If Mojo hacked Don Henley to death, he wouldnt have that sweet gig on the Outlaw Country channel and that would be sad.

I was not there but my friends were and they called me because they were shocked.

Jimmy page came up on stage at a Harry Connick show at James L Knight Center in Miami....had to be mid-late 80's.

Need to verify if he did actually play.

Don Johnson, the Miami Vice dude,  would come out and sing on Ramblin' Man with the Allmans sometimes in the early 90s.  I guess he's a musician, too and an old friend of the band and some of them helped him on an album he made, but it still was strange to me.

Don Johnson, the Miami Vice dude,  would come out and sing on Ramblin' Man with the Allmans sometimes in the early 90s.  I guess he's a musician, too and an old friend of the band and some of them helped him on an album he made, but it still was strange to me.

He also co-wrote some ABB songs with Dickey.