JT Solo Shows Announced

Date is the 4th of July.

Ottawa Blues Fest July 4th performers list is below. I don't have a good feeling about this one. I wish I did, since it's 4 hours away & could easily work in conjunction with the Toronto TURF Fest he's playing (which runs July 4-6...my bet now is that he's playing that one July 5th, though that could also be July 6th) right after.

Ottawa Blues Fest July 4 Lineup: Journey, Zedd, Darius Rucker, Bonobo, Jeff Tweedy & Honey Island Swamp Band.

My fear here, like with Mountain Jam (where he's also not a headliner) is that he'll play a truncated opening act "Festival" length set (not even headliner length, which is often 75-90 min.)...so something like 30-60 min., with 45 min. being my best bet. I wish there was some way to know how long he's actually playing!!!

He's headlining in Toronto (which is a safe bet for 90 min., or 75 at least) & at the free show in Pittsburgh (90-120 min., especially if there are no opening acts), & I was lucky enough to make the all-request shows in Chicago earlier this year too. That's pretty good. And...I don't think we've seen all the Spring/Summer solo acoustic dates just yet either. So I'm still holding out hope for NYC shows etc. (and my usual hit list of Rochester-Buffalo-Syracuse...& Cleveland- with Toronto & Pittsburgh already being filled in.).

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Masonic "complex" is home to two theaters--unless they're playing fast and loose with the naming rights, for lack of a better way to put it, I think the room for the JT show is the smaller of the two,

as depicted in that chart.  (Hope so, anyway, since we're a few seats down from you,)

Thanks Bobo!  I thought the seating chart I was looking at looked incredibly large for a solo gig.  But who doesn't love JT?  This venue looks just right, though. 

Thanks again - I had that unexpected seat in my queue and the timer was clicking down, and you came through at the right minute!  Never a dull moment on presale day!  See you at the show.  ~W

Ottawa Blues Fest July 4th performers list is below. I don't have a good feeling about this one. I wish I did, since it's 4 hours away & could easily work in conjunction with the Toronto TURF Fest he's playing (which runs July 4-6...my bet now is that he's playing that one July 5th, though that could also be July 6th) right after.

Ottawa Blues Fest July 4 Lineup: Journey, Zedd, Darius Rucker, Bonobo, Jeff Tweedy & Honey Island Swamp Band.

My fear here, like with Mountain Jam (where he's also not a headliner) is that he'll play a truncated opening act "Festival" length set (not even headliner length, which is often 75-90 min.)...so something like 30-60 min., with 45 min. being my best bet. I wish there was some way to know how long he's actually playing!!!

He's headlining in Toronto (which is a safe bet for 90 min., or 75 at least) & at the free show in Pittsburgh (90-120 min., especially if there are no opening acts), & I was lucky enough to make the all-request shows in Chicago earlier this year too. That's pretty good. And...I don't think we've seen all the Spring/Summer solo acoustic dates just yet either. So I'm still holding out hope for NYC shows etc. (and my usual hit list of Rochester-Buffalo-Syracuse...& Cleveland- with Toronto & Pittsburgh already being filled in.).

There are no guarantees but I would guess he's closing one of the secondary stages, which would normally mean 90 minutes.  Seeing that he's a "featured" performer (ie one listed on the poster for July 4 with the other acts listed above) I really don't see him getting less than an hour. 

Unless it's a holiday/travel planning thing, you don't have to decide quickly.  Single day tickets almost never sell out and that lineup defintely won't be a sell out.

Well, having bitched and moaned excessively here and on FB, I am happy to report that I FINALLY landed one ticket to the Tweedy show in DC. This was after literally 90 minutes of frustration, phone calls, etc. Since the show is GA, I wasn't too stressed about it fully selling out immediately, but I have meetings Friday when the regular onsale starts, so I was panicked. I was hoping for a reserved seat show, too, but all indications are that the whole venue is going to be GA. That;s all right with me--lining up outside in DC in June will be a LOT more comfortable than doing the same thing outside the Vic in February!

There are no guarantees but I would guess he's closing one of the secondary stages, which would normally mean 90 minutes.  Seeing that he's a "featured" performer (ie one listed on the poster for July 4 with the other acts listed above) I really don't see him getting less than an hour. 

Unless it's a holiday/travel planning thing, you don't have to decide quickly.  Single day tickets almost never sell out and that lineup defintely won't be a sell out.

Thanks for the tip!! That gives me some real options! I have a dear friend who lives south of Toronto, but...it's 4-5 hrs. to Ottawa, & then about 5 hours to Oakville...so, this is a little less likely than I thought (after being pleasantly surprised with where Ottawa was, I did the whole maps search for the potential road trip- not pleased with the Ottawa to Toronto end of things), but not out of the question yet. Knowing it won't sell out, makes it that much more interesting a possibility...hoping there's lots of other dates (NYC, Cleveland, the Roch-Buff-Syr. axis) that will keep me out of Ottawa, but if things are scarce, I might just have to be traveling in Canada a whole lot...who knows?

Hosed on the Detroit presale. Arrrgh! Hope to score good tickets Friday morning. If you've never been to the Masonic...great venue.  

Hope to see some of you there. We'll have to get a thread started on June approaches. 

I forgot about that. Still, it was a festival show. It seems like that's all Philadelphia gets anymore. The last two times Wilco have played in Philly, it's been as part of WXPN's festival, and both were shortened sets. Their last non-festival show there was in 2009. That seems weird to me. 

I agree, it is weird.

But not crazy about GA seating. That was the setup last time and it was kind of a pain.

Now that you mention it, I sort of remember that. 

I was very casual about getting there, ie I didn't arrive early or before the doors opened, and still got good seats.  It doesn't hurt that the place is tiny.

Now I just need to actually get tickets!

I'm heading to the Masonic Temple show, took a couple attempts but scored a ticket during the pre-sale.  Anywhere to eat in the area? I'll be staying with the in-laws in Ann Arbor and all I'm getting from them is "be careful where you park".  

Thanks for the tip!! That gives me some real options! I have a dear friend who lives south of Toronto, but...it's 4-5 hrs. to Ottawa, & then about 5 hours to Oakville...so, this is a little less likely than I thought (after being pleasantly surprised with where Ottawa was, I did the whole maps search for the potential road trip- not pleased with the Ottawa to Toronto end of things), but not out of the question yet. Knowing it won't sell out, makes it that much more interesting a possibility...hoping there's lots of other dates (NYC, Cleveland, the Roch-Buff-Syr. axis) that will keep me out of Ottawa, but if things are scarce, I might just have to be traveling in Canada a whole lot...who knows?

I have the same hopes linclink regarding shows in NY state (and I live in Ontario just 40 mins from TO)...I already bought my 3 day pass for TURF and have to decide now about whether I want to sell it and get 2 single day tix so I can drive up to Ottawa on the 4th. I don't think they are posting the day-by-day schedule for TURF until April 9th.  I agree about Bluesfest rarely selling out of single day tickets- I think it's a pretty safe assumption you can get a single day given the size and the number of days the festival runs (except maybe for some of the weekend days where the huge "draws" are playing).  I haven't been for a few years and am not sure what the capacity of the field is now that they have moved back to the original site.

For DC at least, there was a listing on the Lincoln theater website that mentioned a promo or fanclub presale on Thursday, then the regular onsale on Friday. Ticketfly is the ticketing agency for the show, and like Rusty, I'm also on the 9:30 club/IMP mailing list, but I also did not get a promo code for the Thursday presale.

Again, since the show is GA, we'll probably all be OK at the regular onsale on Friday.

Seems unlikely that Jeff will take off both the 8th and the 9th between Mountain Jam and the DC show. I bet another gig gets added on the East Coast...

Good observation. Maybe someplace between the two. That could make a difference in making travel plans. Hope they announce the rest of the tour dates soon!

the good thing is there definitely is not a bad seat in the house at the Lincoln. its a very special venue and that's saying something in Washington DC

True, but I'd rather he played at the Birchmere!

trying to buy tickets for Detroit. the shows page on Wilco world took me to a ticket master site -- the venue is the Jack White Theater? WTF?? 

edit: its the same place.

my chances of going to this show keep getting smaller.

trying to buy tickets for Detroit. the shows page on Wilco world took me to a ticket master site -- the venue is the Jack White Theater? WTF?? 

Jack White basically saved the Masonic from foreclosure last year by paying the back taxes that it owed, almost 150k. Hadn't realized they'd renamed a theater after him, but it's probably the least they could've done... ;)

Just scored 6 tickets on the main floor in Detroit. I tired using the 'picket a ticket on our map' feature and got shut out. Choosing Best Available and having them pick for me took a few minutes, but finally went through.

I hope you go! 

I was trying to get Phish tickets for my boyfriend and completely forgot the DC show went on sale at the same time. Now I can't pull up any tickets. I guess that's the universe's way of telling me it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully he adds another show somewhere I can get to the day before.