JT Solo Shows Announced

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three Dollars you should just make the run to Portsmouth. Its so much smaller than Merriweather and way easier to get a ticket to

IRDB, you going to Portsmouth? We should meet, finally. I got tickets for both nights in the lottery.

I think I posted this in the wrong thread earlier...hope this one is okay:

I was able to get a ticket during the presale for the Detroit show, but I wasn't given any choice of delivery for the ticket other than Will Call. Is this normal for presales now? I seem to recall having the real tickets or e-tickets I could print sent to me/made available to me the last two times I bought presale Wilco tickets. I had enough trouble getting that one ticket in my cart that I didn't want to jeopardize it by hitting the back button and looking around for other delivery options, so I went ahead and accepted the Will Call option. I'm a little nervous because I'm driving 4+ hours to the show, and if there's some screw up, that's a heck of a lot of wasted time and effort. Oh, well. I know I'm being a little paranoid, but I'd love to hear from other people about how the presale worked for them...

I think I posted this in the wrong thread earlier...hope this one is okay:

I was able to get a ticket during the presale for the Detroit show, but I wasn't given any choice of delivery for the ticket other than Will Call. Is this normal for presales now? I seem to recall having the real tickets or e-tickets I could print sent to me/made available to me the last two times I bought presale Wilco tickets. I had enough trouble getting that one ticket in my cart that I didn't want to jeopardize it by hitting the back button and looking around for other delivery options, so I went ahead and accepted the Will Call option. I'm a little nervous because I'm driving 4+ hours to the show, and if there's some screw up, that's a heck of a lot of wasted time and effort. Oh, well. I know I'm being a little paranoid, but I'd love to hear from other people about how the presale worked for them...

I've never had a problem. Did you get an email confirmation? If you want to be on the super safe side, print that out and bring it with you. 

Thanks, guys! I did get an email confirmation and I'll be sure to be there as early as possible with it and my ID and credit card, so I think it'll be okay.

Thanks for the tip!! That gives me some real options! I have a dear friend who lives south of Toronto, but...it's 4-5 hrs. to Ottawa, & then about 5 hours to Oakville...so, this is a little less likely than I thought (after being pleasantly surprised with where Ottawa was, I did the whole maps search for the potential road trip- not pleased with the Ottawa to Toronto end of things), but not out of the question yet. Knowing it won't sell out, makes it that much more interesting a possibility...hoping there's lots of other dates (NYC, Cleveland, the Roch-Buff-Syr. axis) that will keep me out of Ottawa, but if things are scarce, I might just have to be traveling in Canada a whole lot...who knows?

Just a basic heads up here- I'll call this a very unconfirmed rumor, but from a good source- I've heard that it's not likely that there are going to be any dates added to the Jeff Tweedy acoustic tour...now that could also mean that they also haven't released all the dates they've booked yet, but...

I was going back & forth on facebook with a local tour promoter (who booked Wilco in our area last Summer) & they said they tried to get Tweedy solo this time around to no avail, & when I mentioned that I was hoping for something like a NYC residency, they, in turn, brought up that they had been told that it was not likely that any more dates were going to be added.

Since they (the promoter) posted this on a public forum & it was on their official thread, I assume it's fine to share, but "not likely" does not mean anything certain.

As I said, there could still be more dates that they've booked, but haven't announced, or this person could be wrong & they'll change their minds & add more dates...but for anyone who might be on the fence about certain shows etc. ... I'd be on the safe side & get what you can, while you can. And if something is close enough- get on the stick & make that one happen.

Personally I'm hitting up the Pittsburgh & Toronto shows for sure. Probably being able to only make probably two solo acoustic Tweedy shows this tour for sure (though I will see Nels Cline & Julian Lage in Rochester in June too) makes me extra glad that I put inthe extra effort & was able to pull off getting to those two amazing all-request benefit shows at The Vic in Chicago earlier this year!!

... makes me extra glad that I put in the extra effort & was able to pull off getting to those two amazing all-request benefit shows at The Vic in Chicago earlier this year!!

Here's my takeaway from your story -- never miss The Vic solo shows in Chicago!  :guitar :banana :twitchsmile

Here's my takeaway from your story -- never miss The Vic solo shows in Chicago!  :guitar :banana :twitchsmile

Yeah, you got it!!!

When I was there I began wondering how many more years he'll be doing them? The Near North Montessori School he does the benefits for only goes up to 8th grade. I looked it up & it appears his youngest, Sam, is about 14. That has to be close to the end of his tenure at that school. I wonder if Jeff will keep doing the benefits after his last child leaves there or not? If not, then this year, or next, could be the last one. That means I might have to try & go again next year (along with Solid Sound) if there is one.

I'm just glad I got to go at all, ever- and actually two years in a row too.

Interesting to see another show announced as well!!  I hope that promoter I was talking to was wrong & that we get some more shows on the east coast. But like I said, they may be all booked (& not adding anymore), but they just might not have announced them all yet.

I called the Meyerhoff today and was told that this one will be reserved seating. That was from someone at the box office, though, and sometimes they're wrong.

Wilco played here in 2009 (I think). Was reserved seating.

I can't imagine it not being a reserved seating show...

Is there still a Pre-Sale password?

Can anyone enlighten me to what it is now?

I don't have an email anywhere from Frontgate showing one (I've ordered via pre sale from Frontgate only once before, back in 2009....)

Any help would be appreciated.

Wilco's presale doesn't have a password.  Just your own Frontgate password that you need to create an account.

Thanks, appreciate the info.

I must be remembering back to the days when they sold tickets through MusicToday (or somewhere else)...