Christ, for real? You haven't heard one of the solidest shows top-to-bottom in the band's history and you're waiting for the right weather to do so? Get yourself a ton of beer and get this thing started. Or, wait it out another 37 or so years....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Ha. I just now went to play a video on the Promethean Board for my students for our social skills piece of curriculum and I had forgotten to stop the feed from gdradio.net (listen during lunch/planning), cranked it up, noticed the video did match the music, then noticed I was cranking an '81 Candyman instead.

About the Englishtown show.....when I commit to a listening event, I listen outside so I can smoke my Winstons. It was kinda rainy on Friday night, so it wasn't the best setting for relaxing outside. Ya feel me now, Babs?

check this out..........last night while the sun was setting I was taking the trash out to the street and lo and behold, a Great Blue Heron flew about 20 feet over my head, which was cool in its own right but this bird had a sizable muskrat in its bill. Never saw that before but it was super cool.

At closing time at this live music venue I used to frequent, they'd play "Muskrat Love" to get everybody out the door. It worked, too.

Do I:

1. Take the high school building sub position? Pros-10 min from home, my kids go to the same school district, high school.  Cons-poor pay, not in my field.

2. Take the elementary art position? Pros-In my field, regular teacher salary, half time (2 1/2 days on/off).  Cons-Elementary school, not high school, Art-on-a-cart, bummer building, 50 minutes from home.

Donna, I don't know what I want.

Think long term possibilities.  Do you want to end up working in elementary school or high school?  Either job can end up leading to better opportunities.  

I left my last job for my current position because I wanted to move back home, closer to family, and in an area with lower cost of living.  However it turns out that I would have been better off career-wise had I stayed at my last job.  

Today I'm contemplating whether I should remain a professional geek (software engineer) or move into a management/leadership role. At 42, I'm quite older than most SEs -- but that's still the type of work that excites me the most. How/when does one decide to step away from being a do-er to a manager?

The manager salary band should make a compelling argument.

High end (c-level) is obviously higher. Low end is much lower than a comparably skilled SE. I make enough to be satisfied; this truly is a what-do-you-want-to-be-when-you-grow-up decision.