Hey Lammy, for some reason I cant PM you.

ANyways, I read an interview with Kurt from the Meat Puppets. He said they may do an acoustic thingy on the upcoming tour. Sounds like a nice change from the last few years....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

You can't PM me because I blocked you....

Anyway, that'd be cool, I suppose, as long as it's only one set. The electric pulse is where it's at with those guys. Curt has some decent live acoustic stuff he was doing when touring solo in early 2000s when MPs disbanded. 

Today I tried to brew some beer, but I ran out of crystal malt and had to substitute, the thermometer battery died and I destroyed the plastic cover in an unsuccessful attempt at removing it and the pump wouldn't pump and I couldn't remove the head to check the impeller because a screw was stripped.

Abort! Abort! Abort!

I'll try again tomorrow.

Sooooo much easier to by it pre-made at a liquor store.

A man needs a hobby. An unemployed man needs cheap beer. Two birds, one stone.

I'll bet the vandals stole the handles too.

Perhaps my troubles arose because I ignored Mr. Zimmerman's warning that I shouldn't wear sandals.

I dunno, Moss, my sister brews some incredible beer, worth her effort. I'm waiting to get to sample her latest dunkleweisen.  :cheers

Stay with it, Hixter. She learned by trial & error but was making excellent beer in pretty short order. Good luck!

You're unemployed Hixter? Sorry to hear. I was "in between jobs" for a good 6 months late last year/this year. Sucks & can be nerve wracking when you're in your 40+s. Best of luck.

Yeah, the government contract I was working under was unexpectedly canceled in June and my company reneged on many years of promises that I'd always have a job if the contract went away. What a difference a CEO makes. :(

I've only had 2 jobs since I got out of the Army in the 80s. I've always been a loyal employee, so it was a blow to my worldview when my employer said, "You've been a great employee and the customer raved about what a great job you did, but you make a lot of money and earn a lot of vacation time and we're having a hard time meeting our numbers, so we're not going to transfer you. By the way, do you know anyone who is looking for a job? And oh yeah -- happy birthday!"

Yeah. Making beer these days is like washing your clothes by beating them on a rock.

It's actually more like painting or writing a book, but the end result is more satisfying and makes you a lot of friends. :)

Stay with it, Hixter. She learned by trial & error but was making excellent beer in pretty short order. Good luck!

I've been brewing for 4  or 5 years and I'm very good at it by this point. It looks like my Internet-connected fermentation chamber might be on the fritz, but I'll buy a new chest freezer tomorrow if necessary.

One of the good things about being divorced is that I can have one of these in the formal dining room:

jVpc0NG.jpg

It's actually more like painting or writing a book, but the end result is more satisfying and makes you a lot of friends. :)

I've been brewing for 4  or 5 years and I'm very good at it by this point. It looks like my Internet-connected fermentation chamber might be on the fritz, but I'll buy a new chest freezer tomorrow if necessary.

One of the good things about being divorced is that I can have one of these in the formal dining room:

jVpc0NG.jpg

I actually used to brew beer so I kid about the effort involved.  It's just that I can go any direction here in Boulder and in 2 minutes  be at a place that makes better beer than I ever could so I kind of gave it up.  And that beer fridge, wow.  I want that.

Not sure if this is the place to put this, but today a kid at work showed me a collection of leaves she had gathered in the park outside my work, complete with individual made up names for each leaf, as well as the personality traits she thought they had... and a turtle pooped in my hand. My job sure is different. 

I actually used to brew beer so I kid about the effort involved.  It's just that I can go any direction here in Boulder and in 2 minutes  be at a place that makes better beer than I ever could so I kind of gave it up.  And that beer fridge, wow.  I want that.

My beer tastes as good or better than many beers I've had at brewpubs. I like being able to invent recipes and experiment with ingredients.

Denver is certainly a mecca for beer lovers; I'm flying out for the October 2nd session of The Great American Beer Festival. I love sampling the brews and hanging out with all the beer nerds. It'll be a short trip and I almost canceled it, but I've been to the last 4 or 5 festivals and I just couldn't bear to miss it this year.

In other news: Trash Can Keg Dispenser 2.0 is complete!

The previous version had internal foam insulation that was prone to mildew, so I ripped it out and replaced it with external insulation. It won't be very effective, but it'll reflect the sun and help the ice last a little bit longer. I also replaced the beer lines and gave all the fixtures a good cleaning. We'll put it to the test in 11 days.

XDaWFxG.jpg