• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

I think it was on this day 10 years ago that I made Chubby Checker wear stripes. Horizontal. So he looked even chubbier.

I saw Chubby Checker play Taste of Oakbrook Fest in 1985. Big Twist and the Mellow Fellows opened. We consumed A LOT of Strohs that night.

the malachi ristcher collection http://www.creativeaudioarchive.org/xml/malachi-ritscher.xml

he was a taper in chicago from the mid-80's until his death in 2006.  and so you know, you can stream a show from 1994 here https://soundcloud.com/creativeaudioarchiveess/sets/gastr-del-sol-live-at-the

That's the collection I thought of when you posted --- used to run into Malcachi all the time at shows. Sad story.

That's the collection I thought of when you posted --- used to run into Malcachi all the time at shows. Sad story.

if you are local, feel free to drop into the studio as we just mounted an exhibit about him. it is a version of the one that was featured at the whitney biennial

if you are local, feel free to drop into the studio as we just mounted an exhibit about him. it is a version of the one that was featured at the whitney biennial

Definitely will try ---- read that Hyde Park Art Center had day listening party earlier this year - but I didn't make it back it up there for the party (I use to live in Hyde Park).

Definitely will try ---- read that Hyde Park Art Center had day listening party earlier this year - but I didn't make it back it up there for the party (I use to live in Hyde Park).

we sure did! that was set up by me.  we are also having a roundtable and performance at comfort station on the 27th.

Every month I make Grandmaster Flash play chess just so he knows I see through his pretence. Don’t believe everything you read.

Today I am force feeding sprouts to Toots Hibbert. In a few hours he should live up to his name. It will probably sound more like honking though.

I have a cousin, a gibbon, who had a crush on Iggy Pop. I 'arranged' for them to spend some time together. They looked a nice couple. But it got too much for him when she ran out of Veet and he escaped. I need to get him back here.

I'm thinking of getting Rick Rubin to give Neil Sedaka a career boost. Dear Neil gives me the best pedicures since Jim Morrison passed away. He deserves a reward.

Today I'm holding a party to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Rita Coolidge becoming my live-in banana salad chef. She peels a mean banana. Lesley Gore is fronting the house band. However, in a little twist of my own imagining to her signature tune, all the guests will to cry when I want them to. This will happen repeatedly.

Just sometimes I feel a tinge of compassion, like when I saw the thousand yard stare on Tony Bennett’s face as I ordered him to work with Lady Gaga. Maybe I am getting old and soft. I need to watch out for that. Bananas don't grow on trees, if you know what I mean.

I just found out that a song that I've admired for years and years called "Family Bible" performed by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen was written by Willie Nelson.

The Gala apple I ate this morning lacked in crispness and sweetness. It was almost like a Macintosh but all gussied up.

we sure did! that was set up by me.  we are also having a roundtable and performance at comfort station on the 27th.

How did it go last night -- -wasn't able to make it.

Will the talk or performance be available on the web, by chance?

And I forgot my apple (and banana) at home this morning.