Hey Calvino, would you be willing to burn that Cream show you were talking about for me? I can send blanks. Lets do an old fashioned BnP!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Most certainly. Shoot me a PM, don't worry about blanks, I should be able to find some around the house.

Hey Calvino, would you be willing to burn that Cream show you were talking about for me? I can send blanks. Lets do an old fashioned BnP!

How did it go last night -- -wasn't able to make it.

Will the talk or performance be available on the web, by chance?

And I forgot my apple (and banana) at home this morning.

it went really well but got oddly personal, unlike any of the other roundtables we have hosted.  i think the location lent itself to an intimate conversation.  dave rempis, who i've only dealt with over email, was wonderful and articulate.  there was much talk about his political activism, something the archive doesn't often touch on.  i'm not sure if the recording will be made public but i'm happy to put it up on a private soundcloud link if you'd like to check it out.  i was also impressed with kent kessler, who i've heard many many times while transferring but never seen in person.  he makes playing the bass so intimate and as if its an extension of his body.

i would also be interested in a cream show.

You would be jealous of my juke box. It’s 40 metres wide and 12 metres tall – formed of 30 cubicles looking like the set design for Jailhouse Rock. An artist or band lives in each cubicle on a fixed 2 week rotation. When I want to hear something I type in a number and a giant metal arm pushes through that cubicle forcing them out of bed and onto the front performance area. Right now I think I’ll wake up Siouxzie Sioux and Budgie. The irony of Budgie living in a cage is not lost on me. 

it went really well but got oddly personal, unlike any of the other roundtables we have hosted.  i think the location lent itself to an intimate conversation.  dave rempis, who i've only dealt with over email, was wonderful and articulate.  there was much talk about his political activism, something the archive doesn't often touch on.  i'm not sure if the recording will be made public but i'm happy to put it up on a private soundcloud link if you'd like to check it out.  i was also impressed with kent kessler, who i've heard many many times while transferring but never seen in person.  he makes playing the bass so intimate and as if its an extension of his body.

i would also be interested in a cream show.

With regard to the Cream show go ahead send a PM - be happy to get it to you.

Hell - me, you, and NoJ can start a Vine.

It would be great to hear the event via Soundcloud.

Just finished a game of Twister - Gwen Stefani and T. V Smith versus a couple of baboons. I always fix the spin so that the musicians invariably get a faceful of red raw baboon ass. Poor Gwennie is traumatised. :banana. That is my favorite emoticon.

Just finished a game of Twister - Gwen Stefani and T. V Smith versus a couple of baboons. I always fix the spin so that the musicians invariably get a faceful of red raw baboon ass. Poor Gwennie is traumatised. :banana. That is my favorite emoticon.

I want some of whatever you are smoking.. 

Macy Gray and Brian May are on toilet detail today. As you might guess from the ‘volunteers’, I provide no tools and stipulate that toilets must be cleaned head first.

Today in Hamden, CT hundreds of teachers' brains are oozing out of their ears.  It's professional development day - more punishment before we elect a governor who hates us.  Whoever that will be.  Going to visit Uncle Tito tonight ;)

Also, I voted today. One of the election judges had a vocal tic which means she felt compelled to make this freaking weird noise every 15 seconds. Another election judge didn't want to give me any "face time"....wouldn't look me in the eye. Yep, power to the people!

I'm tawkin' 'bout the incredible set the Meat Puppets did on Halloween night! I'd post it here but my "paste" function no longer works on this site.

I am always willing to confound and push through musical barriers in search of many bananas. Charlie Pride and Vanilla Ice were both my ideas.