• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today I found the new addition to the family unit, a 1 yr old mutt (black lab/australian cattle dog/german shepard; rescue) chewing the hell out of the basement stairs. The hell!?

Today I found the new addition to the family unit, a 1 yr old mutt (black lab/australian cattle dog/german shepard; rescue) chewing the hell out of the basement stairs. The hell!?

Nice!

We got a Lab/German Shepard rescue a few months ago. About 1.5 yrs old, maybe. She's awesome but has eaten a few of my books and digs some big-assed holes in the back yard. She's chewed the corners of the coffee table in living room and the dining room chairs, too, as well as the living room area carpet edges!

That dog eats any of my books or records and its off to the forest preserve with her!

Speaking of carpet, I just found her chewing a hole in the center of a throw rug in the basement. Its been 2 weeks so now she feels comfortable in expressing who she really is?

Nice!

We got a Lab/German Shepard rescue a few months ago. About 1.5 yrs old, maybe. She's awesome but has eaten a few of my books and digs some big-assed holes in the back yard. She's chewed the corners of the coffee table in living room and the dining room chairs, too, as well as the living room area carpet edges!

We've got one of those too. Black Lab/Shepard/something mix rescue. Sweetest dog in the world, but destructive as all hell. She's getting better (she's about 3 yrs old now), but I've wanted to strangle her more than once.

I'm starting to think someone, somewhere is trying to breed the ultimate destructive dog.

That dog eats any of my books or records and its off to the forest preserve with her!

Speaking of carpet, I just found her chewing a hole in the center of a throw rug in the basement. Its been 2 weeks so now she feels comfortable in expressing who she really is?

We assumed it was separation anxiety, as ours was a rescue, too. None of the behaviors (save for the outdoor digging) happen when we're home, We bought her a portable cloth dog house deal that she digs and recently started leaving the radio on while we're gone and that has helped lesson the destruction. She was even eating  parts of a huge geode in the living room. We talked last night about getting a fence-like thing for in front of the book shelves she favors....

We've got one of those too. Black Lab/Shepard/something mix rescue. Sweetest dog in the world, but destructive as all hell. She's getting better (she's about 3 yrs old now), but I've wanted to strangle her more than once.

I'm starting to think someone, somewhere is trying to breed the ultimate destructive dog.

Ha! Really. Very sweet animals but like having a toddler around the house.

Mmmmm.....geodes.....delicious!

My dog has a screw loose when it comes to other dogs. She goes from a kind, sweet gentle pup to the angriest beast in the world at the sight of another dog. We actually got kindly kicked out of the dog training class we were attending because of her aggressiveness.

My dog has a screw loose when it comes to other dogs. She goes from a kind, sweet gentle pup to the angriest beast in the world at the sight of another dog. We actually got kindly kicked out of the dog training class we were attending because of her aggressiveness.

Oh man, that's not a good sign. We had to put a border collie mix down because she just kept getting more and more aggressive as she aged. A lot of those herder-type dog breeds/mixes seem to turn sideways as they get older....

My dog has a screw loose when it comes to other dogs. She goes from a kind, sweet gentle pup to the angriest beast in the world at the sight of another dog. We actually got kindly kicked out of the dog training class we were attending because of her aggressiveness.

Bummer. Sadie's good with other dogs. She actually goes crazy if she's separated from our other dog (a Bassett Hound).

Oh man, she got more aggressive as she aged? We were hoping that she'd mellow as she got more comfortable with us and the training took hold.

Weird! Sorry for your loss, though.

Thanks but it was a bunch of years ago and the oldest kids were young then. No place would take her because of the aggressiveness and we couldn't keep her because the kids were so young. Bummer.

NoJ: In my experience, that's what happens with the border/herder breeds. If she's getting kicked out of training school, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe she will mellow out, who knows....

We'll pick up some doggie downers and keep her hepped up all day. Peace thru superior pharmacology!

today, I got in a van at a hotel which took me to an airport.

I got on a plane which took me to another airport.

I waited in line to go through customs.

I got on a train which took me to a station.

I got on a shuttle bus which took me to a place, where I did something.

I got on a subway, which took me to a different station.

I got on a different train which took me to an even different station.

I walked from the station to get in another very long line to go through customs.

I walked from customs to yet another customs, and waited in line again.

I got in a taxi which took me to another hotel. 

I forgot to eat lunch in all of this, and now I am tired and hungry.

Took the dog to the prairie for a walk today. While there, we scared up a flock of meadowlarks.