• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today on our usual lunchtime prairie walk, my dog got into a mess of snakes. They were all piled together in a sunny warm spot and the dog just jumped right into them.

I'm reading "I'm with the Band" by Miss Pamela of the GTO's. She mentioned in passing that she met a street poet in San Francisco who went by Bummer Bobby; hung out with him for an afternoon and played kissy face. Never saw him again until he was on the news for killing some guy at the behest of Charlie Manson. Turned out that Bummer Bobby was Bobby Beausoleil...who I believe is still in prison on a life term.

It is a great read! Got it an estate sale last weekend along with Jim Marshall's "Not Fade Away". Total cost was $4. That's a nice price 'cause Marshall's book is going for $30+ on ebay and amazon.

Saw a mating pair of blue winged teals today in a prairie pothole. They're little ducks, as ducks go.

Because the dog keeps breaking the tie-down in the yard, I made a custom one out of rebar and 50 lbs of concrete and buried it in the back yard this morning. Take that dog, ha!

Btw, my backyard looks like a battle field now, thanks to the dog.

That's cool because you can use that same concrete block when you toss him overboard in a couple months due to continues damage.

Our newest dog continues her damage, too. The living room rug continues to get chewed on, she has gnawed the edges of the living room table, ate away the ties on a nice bench cushion, has eaten 3 pairs of my sunglasses, and there are holes the size of Gary Coleman in the back yard. 

My wife bought so hip,nice, new seat cushions yesterday for the dining room table chairs I just finished finishing work on.There's gonna be hell to pay if those cushions, and not from me.

Today I took the dog for a lunchtime walk in a nearby hardwood forest. We heard something walking in the woods. It turned out to be two coyotes who had absolutely no fear of me or the dog. In fact, they started following us and got as close as 30 feet. One was snarling and had its hackles up. I thought we were gonna mix it up right then and there but they backed down after I started yelling at them. Surprisingly, my dog was not really bothered by the coyotes.

Today I took the dog for a lunchtime walk in a nearby hardwood forest. We heard something walking in the woods. It turned out to be two coyotes who had absolutely no fear of me or the dog. In fact, they started following us and got as close as 30 feet. One was snarling and had its hackles up. I thought we were gonna mix it up right then and there but they backed down after I started yelling at them. Surprisingly, my dog was not really bothered by the coyotes.

criminy dutch!

I don't know what that means but I plan on staying on top of the food chain. :-)

I am sure your pug would have been fine, as long as it was with you.

I now live in the middle of suburbia and spotted a coyote walking down my side walk one evening --- oddly enough I was watching a PBS documentary on coyotes --- yelled for my wife so she would see it too, to make sure I wasn't going crazy and she saw it, too. It proceeded to cross the street and took a leisurely stroll through the park that is across the street from me, before it ran up onto the train track embankment. Use to see them a lot in Jackson and Washington park, when I lived in the city, too. They are harmless, for the most part.