We were baked and canoeing on the Lamprey River in New Market, NH around 1987/88 and an enormous swan attacked us (apparently we were approaching its egg nest on a band on a bend of the river). That monster-thing was furious and relentless and the wing-span must've been 80-90 ft.(or so it seemed) and we capsized trying to fend it off with our oars.

Thanks for the memories, NoJ!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

We were baked and canoeing on the Lamprey River in New Market, NH around 1987/88 and an enormous swan attacked us (apparently we were approaching its egg nest on a band on a bend of the river). That monster-thing was furious and relentless and the wing-span must've been 80-90 ft.(or so it seemed) and we capsized trying to fend it off with our oars.

Thanks for the memories, NoJ!

Did you make it all the way to the Atlantic? Looks like a great area.

Did you make it all the way to the Atlantic? Looks like a great area.

No. We were pretty messed up from the bird. I have canoed the CT River from VT/NH-> CT, but not as far as the ATL Ocean....

As someone who willingly goes on frozen lakes and fishes for hours thru little holes drilled thru the ice and enjoys doing so, I find the prospect of sitting in a ball park in springtime freezing my toes off to be an event much avoided. How much snow did Comiskey get today? Go Sox!

Today, I'm thinking about the estate sale I went to last weekend. It was at the home of the owner of Crows Nest, a local record store chain that closed doors 10 years ago. Holy moses, it was a treasure trove of rock n roll stuff and it was mobbed by rock n roll freaks. I picked up no life size cutouts of bon jovi and tina turner, nor did I buy gigantic posters of pink Floyd's momentary lapse of reason. I did get some cool Rhino CD samplers and Weezer's Christmas CD from 2000 (mint condition). Any Weezer freaks interested in that CD? PM me, lets chat.

Also, I just found out that the owner of Crows Nest patented the "dugout" back in 1980.

That Weezer CD is just dying to find a new home....make me an offer, Weezer freaks!

Hhmmmm, that's weird because that's what they're called.

Anyways, me and the pup saw an American Kestrel this morning at the prairie. Fast little birds when they want to be. Pretty cool watching it hover in place too.

Did I mention that I have a Weezer Christmas 2000 CD, limited edition & mint condition, for sale?