Today on my FB trending list -

"Ringo Starr : Musician Cancels Concert in North Carolina Over House Bill 2"

"Bruce Springsteen : Singer Cancels Concert in North Carolina Due to House Bill 2"

I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I mean, Ringo is as much a singer as Bruce, not that either one of them would win a Grammy for best vocalist anytime soon.  Sheesh, that's just harsh for ol' Ringo.  Actually, "Yellow Submarine" is still my goto song when I'm in Asia and get roped in to karaoke. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Hhmmmm, that's weird because that's what they're called.

Anyways, me and the pup saw an American Kestrel this morning at the prairie. Fast little birds when they want to be. Pretty cool watching it hover in place too.

Dogs can't look up, stupid.

....from a guy who badmouthed goetta and Cincinnati chili...don't think I forgot

Before googling just now, I had no idea what goetta is, nor any recollection of badmouthing it. Seems like something I would like, so I don't know why I would have said anything bad about it. I do recall trading some words a while back about Cincinnati "chili", which remains an abomination, and I stand by anything negative I (or anyone else) might have ever said about it. I don't know what that has to do with NoJ being a dum-dum, however.

Before googling just now, I had no idea what goetta is, nor any recollection of badmouthing it. Seems like something I would like, so I don't know why I would have said anything bad about it. I do recall trading some words a while back about Cincinnati "chili", which remains an abomination, and I stand by anything negative I (or anyone else) might have ever said about it. I don't know what that has to do with NoJ being a dum-dum, however.

I stand corrected then...I remembered your harsh tone towards my beloved Skyline Chili and probably subconsciously filed it in my "hates goetta too" folder. Goetta quite possibly may be the worlds most perfect food. I mean its grey with black chunks, its ingredients are largely unknown, you run into oddly chewy parts with every other bite and it goes best fried and layed atop 3 over medium eggs with a piece of dark rye. It is a staple in Northern Ky...all this has nothing to do with NoJ but when I see your profile pic I just think of you as the guy who hates Skyline(and previously goetta). Sorry

.all this has nothing to do with NoJ but when I see your profile pic I just think of you as the guy who hates Skyline(and previously goetta). Sorry

I think it was Jay Bennett that hated goetta....

Today I'm trying to sell a never used Whisperlite International backpacking stove that I bought at an estate sale over the weekend.

Today I'm trying to sell a never used Whisperlite International backpacking stove that I bought at an estate sale over the weekend.

Ours is still going strong - other wise I might be interested.

Maybe you can bundle it up with with the Weezer disc?

Perhaps, my impression of Weezer fans is they don't backpack.

I moved away from Whisperlite after an unfortunate fiery incident that required my land lord at the time to put out with an extinguisher. Dried out O-ring.

Uh, its completely obvious the stove has never been used. It even has a warning sticker across the burner stating to only use Whisperlite fuel tanks. 100% guarantee, never used.

Maybe you should stick to topics you are a subject matter expert in, you know, like birds not flying in the rain and dogs not looking up. Tell us more about that.

Uh, its completely obvious the stove has never been used. It even has a warning sticker across the burner stating to only use Whisperlite fuel tanks. 100% guarantee, never used.

Maybe you should stick to topics you are a subject matter expert in, you know, like birds not flying in the rain and dogs not looking up. Tell us more about that.

The glue Whisperlite uses on their stickers won't stick to burners, stupid.

Me and the pup scored a Caspian Tern today. I thought it was just another Gull until it's feeding behavior and bright red bill caught my eye. Quite a majestic bird. Got a few photos too.