Yeah - the wife and I had a tiff last night -- she asked what did I (as a white male) loose out on two nights ago -- I started to list the reasons, then I stopped. She is still torn and frayed and bag of nerves.

I would have told her: I ain't tied down to no hometown. 

My wife and I are on the same page in that we're frustrated with the electoral college (she's signing petitions to help end it, which likely will do nothing), stunned that Trump "won", ticked that the popular vote doesn't seem to matter, and bracing for the next steps. However, we're also confident that civilization will get by as it always has....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

We are on the same page, too -- she's just pissed - god love her.

Electoral college isn't going anywhere.

Woody Gutherie's Pretty Boy Floyd just came on dylanradio.com.

Yes, as through this world I've wandered
I've seen lots of funny men;
Some will rob you with a six-gun,
And some with a fountain pen.

Electoral college isn't going anywhere.

Not with Congress dominated by Republicans and the electoral college being a favorable ally to, particularly, Republicans. Still, it's antiquated, out-dated, unnecessary, and doesn't truly represent the voice of the populace that votes.

Yeah, I know he was out of job going into his silence on the board -- I am sure he just got sick/tiried of things on this board, though.

Must admit, the beer thread has been pretty much dormant since his departure - which is a shame. He had the best beer suggestions/stories...

Plus he is a huge Who fan.

Today I learned that Tom Neyman, "The Master" from Manos: The Hands of Fate passed away the other day.

Screw you 2016, SCREW YOU!

• 3 weeks later...

Today I'd like to share the news that Kacey Musgrave's new xmas album is top notch. She's got another duet with Willie, covers some standards and some original stuff. Her band is really good too.

I haven't been able to read Dilbert since I read Scot Adams essay on why he's supporting the cheeto.

Damn, I somehow missed that when it came out.  Just read his blog w/ his rationale and it's all (IMO) bullshit.  He's selfishly worried about estate taxes, everything else was bs.

Today I bought 2 tickets for the Kasey Musgraves Christmas show that's happening near me next week. Its a surprise for my daughter; her first "big" concert.

Also, it was the first time I've used Ticketbastard in at least 15 years.

Today I bought 2 tickets for the Kasey Musgraves Christmas show that's happening near me next week. Its a surprise for my daughter; her first "big" concert.

Also, it was the first time I've used Ticketbastard in at least 15 years.

You should have saved the money from the "handling fees" for a Mediterranean cruise with the family or something.

Headline today: "Sofia Vergara sued by own frozen embryos".

I don't have the energy to read the article or find out if its even possibly true.

one of our admins got so hammered that she couldn't figure out how to open the lock on the stall in the bathroom and had to army crawl under the door. Sheesh, kids these days!

Much earlier today I saw three Geminid meteors within 10 minutes of each other despite the glare of the full moon. Oh, the thrills I seek!