• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today I heard that Jimmy Piersall died the other day. For those outside Chicago, he used to announce the White Sox games with Harry Caray back in the late 70s/early 80s. Those two would slurp down Falstaff beer and have a blast calling the game. The best was his rants during the Disco Demolition event. RIP Jimmy, they broke the mold after you were born.

He wore a wig to an at-bat once when he was with the Red Sox. He spent a good chunk of one season in a mental hospital, too (bi-polar). 

Today I'm pretty nervous because tomorrow my 12 year old daughter leaves for a 3 week trip to Europe.

Today I was wondering what happened to that little red thread that you would pull on to open a Band-Aid. Its no longer part of the packaging.

Lammy that is true..I went independently with a buddy of mine. We went as a "person to person" waiver and didn't receive any pushback. The only questions I received in Cuba was "Have you been to Africa"  and back in the USA I got a bunch of questions about all the cigars I bought but that is it. Supposedly you can still visit if you select journalism which is another loose category as you can just be a blogger etc. If Trump closes off those ""loopholes" you can still get there by buying a ticket in Mexico or Canada etc,

I can not recommend enough visiting Cuba. The architecture, cars and food were great. Tons of cobblestone streets with great bars, museums and awesome waterfront. There are some rough spots of Havana however but if you stick to the tourist areas it is an unbelievable journey through history.  We also took a side trip to Vinales...do yourself a favor and look it up it was really cool. Hope you make it ban or not!

Lammy that is true..I went independently with a buddy of mine. We went as a "person to person" waiver and didn't receive any pushback. The only questions I received in Cuba was "Have you been to Africa"  and back in the USA I got a bunch of questions about all the cigars I bought but that is it. Supposedly you can still visit if you select journalism which is another loose category as you can just be a blogger etc. If Trump closes off those ""loopholes" you can still get there by buying a ticket in Mexico or Canada etc,

I can not recommend enough visiting Cuba. The architecture, cars and food were great. Tons of cobblestone streets with great bars, museums and awesome waterfront. There are some rough spots of Havana however but if you stick to the tourist areas it is an unbelievable journey through history.  We also took a side trip to Vinales...do yourself a favor and look it up it was really cool. Hope you make it ban or not!

Thanks for the overview/insight! We were under the impression that American citizens had to buy group packages to travel there. We will look into it again. Sounds awesome!

I am not cigar smoker - but are Cuban cigars that much better than others or is it just a 'hype' thing? - just curious.

I don't know but the cigars I brought back from the Dominican were pretty good....

I am not much of a cigar smoker either maybe 4 or 5 a year however I did enjoy all the ones I smoked in Cuba but I have simple taste in that field. The smell of walking into the factories and stores was pretty sweet however.

I am not much of a cigar smoker either maybe 4 or 5 a year however I did enjoy all the ones I smoked in Cuba but I have simple taste in that field. The smell of walking into the factories and stores was pretty sweet however.

Nor I but in DR we hit a tour of a tobacco, chocolate (cocoa), and rum plantation that was a lot of fun. Got to watch old-timers rolling cigars and bought a few flavored ones. Dude rolling was sporting a Red Sox lid, too, so I kind of had no option but to wacth and buy something.

Twenty years ago I received a bunch of Cuban cigars from a trusted source. Best dang cigars I've ever had.

Today, for some reason, I started thinking about watching Fernwood Tonight back when I was a kid.

Today I found out that George Romero died the other day. I had the (mis)fortune of seeing Night of the Living Dead at the ripe old age of 6. It gave me nightmares for years. To this day, I cant watch that flick. RIP George!

Today I visited a doctor for the first time since I was a kid. Apparently I have high blood pressure?! I was told to lay off the salty foods. But that's all the best foods!! What am I going to do?? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...