• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today it was announced that Chicago's premier rock n roll station, The Loop 97.9, has been sold to a Christian radio company. Omfg, rock n roll is in serious trouble here in Chi-town. I've been listening to The Loop since 1979. Where am I gonna get my dose of Thin Lizzy and Two for Tuesdays and Skynard and Rock Block Weekends and Led Zep? I'll be in seclusion.

XRT has Breakfast with the Beatles every Sunday.

I spent in month in Hawaii in the summer of 1982 - I remember being amazed that I could tune into the Loop and seeing so many Loop t-shirts worn by the locals. Doing some reading today, I guess it makes sense why the Loop was so popular there. Guessing it was popular everywhere.

Of course growing up in Chicago, I knew it was a big deal - just thought it was a local thing, though.

It was a lot of fun to listen to in the 80's

Hawaiian Congressman Cecil Heftel purchased the radio station in early 1979, kept the call letters, and "Loop" identifier.

Lammy, you don't understand. In conjunction with all the hard rockin music, The Loop had Steve Dahl, Brandmeier, Sky Daniels, Mitch Michaels, all the great partyin' DJs of the time. Bob Stroud too, I think.

Now the format is watered down to 2500 tunes, classic rock style, but back then, it was a force to be reckoned with. Disco sucks!

Today (well actually 2 days ago) I learned that I'm going to be a grandmother in November. I never have been before so I hope I don't blow it. Brennan and Mariela are giddy with excitement...so cute to watch. :wub

Today (well actually 2 days ago) I learned that I'm going to be a grandmother in November. I never have been before so I hope I don't blow it. Brennan and Mariela are giddy with excitement...so cute to watch. :wub

Congrats! 

Oh my.

Congrats gal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to you and your kid.

I am nowhere near being a grandparent ---- but one of my best enjoyments is seeing my p's being grandparents to my kids. Not sure if they really enjoyed being parents ---- but they kill at grandparenting...

Today I learned that my favorite farm stand, where I get my local honey and produce, will not be opening this year. The entire operation is being sold to developers. First The Loop going off the air, then my favorite Italian sammich place closing, now this. Its like all the pillars of my life are crashing down. I am crushed.

Today I learned that my favorite farm stand, where I get my local honey and produce, will not be opening this year. The entire operation is being sold to developers. First The Loop going off the air, then my favorite Italian sammich place closing, now this. Its like all the pillars of my life are crashing down. I am crushed.

what was the italian sammich place?

Have you considered opening up your own over-played classic Rock & Roll farm stand and sandwich shop? Maybe call it Ye Over-played Classic Rock & Roll Farm Stand and Sandwich Shoppe.

Have you considered opening up your own over-played classic Rock & Roll farm stand and sandwich shop? Maybe call it Ye Over-played Classic Rock & Roll Farm Stand and Sandwich Shoppe.

This business couldn't miss! Do it.

NoJ - Dahl is going to be simulcasting on the Loop (from WLS) tomorrow. 2 to 6. He has calls into the old gang (Brandmeier/Daniels/Matthews, etc.).

Even Garry - should be interesting if Garry goes on the air.

Anyway nice way to end things.

Also the below is an ok read - came across it while poking around a library. (sorry the large pic)

DoinTheCruise_FrontCover.jpg

Yeah, I heard about that. I wonder if they'll find Patti Haze? Anyhow, a nice way to close up shop.

I thought the Loop send-off was great -- everyone showed up but Garry. The  Brandmeier/Kilman/Bruce Wolf was a highlight. Also Joe Walsh and Danny Bonaduce.

Really glad the Loop/WLS let this happen -- one time having all these damn radio stations being owed by a few companies, worked out.