• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today I was informed by my boss that he wants to "reassign" me into an "individual contributor" role and how it would be so much easier for him and the team if I made it sound like it was my idea.  um yeah no.

but he really doesn't want me to quit because I'm so valuable to the team.  he just wants a manager with a different style than mine and he doesn't have time to coach me.

yes, the resume is getting updated.  oh joy.

Also, my phone charger cord melted over night. Not sure if its connected to the robin thing but, in this day and age, you never know.

Today I had my first real job interview in well over a decade.

How’d it go? I’m searching for a job the whole process is maddening!

Today I was informed by my boss that he wants to "reassign" me into an "individual contributor" role and how it would be so much easier for him and the team if I made it sound like it was my idea. um yeah no.

but he really doesn't want me to quit because I'm so valuable to the team. he just wants a manager with a different style than mine and he doesn't have time to coach me.

yes, the resume is getting updated. oh joy.

Wow that is oddly similar to what I just went through. Good you see the writing on the wall. Not only get the resume updated get your LinkedIn updated and state you are actively searching on the settings! Best of luck

How’d it go? I’m searching for a job the whole process is maddening!

It went great! Kind of an interesting situation. I've taught for 25 years at a junior high in the district I grew up in. I've loved nearly every minute of it. There have been a few changes that I haven't liked recently. When I saw the posting for a position at the high school, I was surprised to feel a need to go for it.

The interview went GREAT! My main concern is that I have fairly limited certification. After I earned my degree and certification, the state added an "all social studies" certification. Without that, my ability to teach their openings may be limited. They're hiring two position, so it will depend upon matching the right candidates to the right courses.

My former principal is now the principal at the high school. He's retiring at the end of the year, so I wasn't sure if he would sit in on the interview. He did. I know how he feels about me (all good), but I don't know how much of a voice he will have.

It's both nerve-racking and fun to go through this process again! Thankfully, I have a job that is still mostly very satisfying if I don't get this position. I hope you're in the same boat!

Wow that is oddly similar to what I just went through. Good you see the writing on the wall. Not only get the resume updated get your LinkedIn updated and state you are actively searching on the settings! Best of luck

Much appreciated.  I sensed some weirdness going on about 3-4 weeks ago, so when he dropped this on me I wasn't totally surprised.  I am just not looking forward to the interview process, given that most companies these days do 3+ rounds where the last round is typically a half day onsite.  Lots of "doctor appointments" in my future...

It went great! Kind of an interesting situation. I've taught for 25 years at a junior high in the district I grew up in. I've loved nearly every minute of it. There have been a few changes that I haven't liked recently. When I saw the posting for a position at the high school, I was surprised to feel a need to go for it.

The interview went GREAT! My main concern is that I have fairly limited certification. After I earned my degree and certification, the state added an "all social studies" certification. Without that, my ability to teach their openings may be limited. They're hiring two position, so it will depend upon matching the right candidates to the right courses.

My former principal is now the principal at the high school. He's retiring at the end of the year, so I wasn't sure if he would sit in on the interview. He did. I know how he feels about me (all good), but I don't know how much of a voice he will have.

It's both nerve-racking and fun to go through this process again! Thankfully, I have a job that is still mostly very satisfying if I don't get this position. I hope you're in the same boat!

Great to hear about your interview. It is such a good feeling to walk out of a positive interview experience.

If you want to relocate to suburban Portland, Maine, and teach 8th grade Social Studies/Science, we have an opening. Great district, and you'll have at least one colleague who is a big Wilco fan.

Went to an estate sale with over 1000 records in the folk, jazz and early rock genres. Came home with 7 beauties in mint or near mint condition. Someone knew how to care for vinyl, I love that!

Great to hear about your interview. It is such a good feeling to walk out of a positive interview experience.

If you want to relocate to suburban Portland, Maine, and teach 8th grade Social Studies/Science, we have an opening. Great district, and you'll have at least one colleague who is a big Wilco fan.

I've lived in Iowa since the age of 6. We're pretty well situated! Also, I've heard of nor'easters. I do have a colleague and good friend who's a big Wilco fan. I've encouraged him to check in here. He's not much for online socialization. Loser.

Today, I twice saw a robin with a white head. Could of been the same one but...the hell?

Are we sure it wasn't a newly-emboldened white supremacist robin? Could it have been wearing a hood? We live in such strange times.

Much appreciated. I sensed some weirdness going on about 3-4 weeks ago, so when he dropped this on me I wasn't totally surprised. I am just not looking forward to the interview process, given that most companies these days do 3+ rounds where the last round is typically a half day onsite. Lots of "doctor appointments" in my future...

Yes time to get creative with the absence excuses! Hopefully it goes quick!

Having a backup is key! Keep us posted and best of luck!

About 3am this morning I woke up screaming (scaring the hell out my wife) - cramp in my calf - happen to be dreaming about being a Wilco show and focusing on Glen hitting the hell on the drums. I am hoping Glen stretches before each show.