• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

This morning a young man fell to his death from Marina Towers (the building on the cover of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot).  I work in the building across the street from Marina Towers and walked by the scene about 30 minutes after his body was discovered on State Street.  His body was on the street covered by a tarp/blanket.  Police haven't stated whether it was an accident or otherwise.  It was sad and unsettling. 

Witness my first D&D game/adventure, today --- my 8 year old played with a few of his friends -the other two fathers played when they were younger and one was the Dungeon Master.  He was using a few Dungeon 87 edition magazines as guides. It was pretty interesting. My kid entered the adventure midway - he's a wizard. The adventure will continue...

Mine's tomorrow. Maybe the most challenging year since my first (1993-94). After a meeting yesterday, next year may be even more so. This year, a rough crew of students. Next year, a rough set of expectations that seems to be robbing me of autonomy and any semblance of work/life balance. I've always loved my job, even through the struggles, but my patience has been tested a lot.

Mine's tomorrow. Maybe the most challenging year since my first (1993-94). After a meeting yesterday, next year may be even more so. This year, a rough crew of students. Next year, a rough set of expectations that seems to be robbing me of autonomy and any semblance of work/life balance. I've always loved my job, even through the struggles, but my patience has been tested a lot.

The red tape gets tighter and the expectations higher every year. The job gets more stressful and the pay remains relatively the same. Autonomy gets diminished each year and micro-management from admin increases every year. The fun gets sucked out of the classroom more and more eaxch year.I don't know how much longer I can do this, after 20 + yrs, as well, Pete....

I'm not diminishing what you guys see and experience by any means but almost any job could become a chore after a certain period of time. I've been headhunting for 20 years and would walk away from it with no regrets in a heartbeat if I could find a viable replacement  

I'm not diminishing what you guys see and experience by any means but almost any job could become a chore after a certain period of time. I've been headhunting for 20 years and would walk away from it with no regrets in a heartbeat if I could find a viable replacement  

Sometimes we teachers feel like we've cornered the market on whining about our jobs. It's rough all over!

My wife has her masters in reading and has been in education for 20+ years so I know what you guys are saying. The stories of mismanagement, bad administrators and plain old laziness abound.

^ Congrats on that!

Today's activity is to clean the accumulated winter grime and heavy layer of yellow pine pollen off the screened in porch and furnishings therein.  This will be followed by the ceremonial gin & tonic celebrating the return of spring.  :thumbup

^ Congrats on that!

Today's activity is to clean the accumulated winter grime and heavy layer of yellow pine pollen off the screened in porch and furnishings therein. This will be followed by the ceremonial gin & tonic celebrating the return of spring. :thumbup

Thanks I cleaned my gutters yesterday yuck good luck with your cleaning