• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today is the first Father's Day since I lost my dad. 

I'm so sorry, Jon. It's painful and you find yourself with so many things you wish you could say to him. Say them to him anyway and trust that somehow he hears.

Just called my senators and congressman voicing my opposition to the policy of separating children from their families at the border. I hope you make those calls too.

That's a hard one. Here's hoping you had some time to sit, think, and remember him yesterday.

Thank you. I did exactly those things. And I wanted to do something for someone to commemorate the date. So I visited a 92-year-old World War II veteran who, along with his wife, were like a second father or grandfather and mother or grandmother to me when I was little. His wife kept me during the day while my parents worked. His health isn't good, and his wife has to spend most of the time at home caring for him. She had mentioned to my mom that she wished she could get out and enjoy a hot doughnut with coffee. So I brought them a dozen freshly made doughnuts and spent some time visiting them. It made a day I'd been dreading a lot more positive for me.  

I'm so sorry, Jon. It's painful and you find yourself with so many things you wish you could say to him. Say them to him anyway and trust that somehow he hears.

Thanks, Donna. You're exactly right. With every passing day there's something else I wish I could share with him. Even small things like the scores of ballgames. I did go to a minor league baseball game one night last week and sat next to an empty seat (imagining him sitting there next to me throughout the game). I promise I'm not crazy. It was just comforting to imagine him sitting there by me. And I find myself having conversations with him still, especially when I'm alone in the car. 

At least your Braves got a win on Father's Day ---- hopefully you were able to enjoy watching it.  

I did watch! And they've been in first place in the NL East for most of the season! That's definitely something I wish I could share with him. There's no telling how many Braves games we watched together over the years.

Congrats on cleaning up that homeless grandpa and getting him to his job interview.

LOL

Yes, the beard trim is a big improvement.

Coincidentally, I was cleaning out a closet today and found a photo of that homeless grandpa that I took many, many years ago. Sadly, I can’t remember when or where I took it! But I found it in an 8 x 10 frame that I do remember I used to have hanging on my wall in my old apartment (25+ years ago). What a difference to the grandpa photo!

2B538E7D-4A95-4327-A0A8-36659FDAEE33.jpeg

(Edit: Hopefully when you click on that small picture, it will expand for you.)

LOL

Yes, the beard trim is a big improvement.

Coincidentally, I was cleaning out a closet today and found a photo of that homeless grandpa that I took many, many years ago. Sadly, I can’t remember when or where I took it! But I found it in an 8 x 10 frame that I do remember I used to have hanging on my wall in my old apartment (25+ years ago). What a difference to the grandpa photo!

2B538E7D-4A95-4327-A0A8-36659FDAEE33.jpeg

(Edit: Hopefully when you click on that small picture, it will expand for you.)

Wow he looks young!