Yesterday I lost my job. Well, I think I lost my job because they sent us home and told us not to come back until we hear from them. And because their messages have been very cryptic. I suppose it wasn't technically a job because it wasn't permanent. But I lost the job I'd gotten not long after my dad passed away late in 2017. It was a surprise, as they'd already asked us for our availability through February and were talking about the project on which I'd been working for months lasting into the summer. 

Today, as on most days, I'm questioning why I ever chose to go to law school.

Wow, so sorry to hear this. I can’t believe even lawyers are temps now. (All that tuition money!!! I feel your pain!) I’m glad I bailed out of law school after one semester.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Oh, shit. Let us know how this turns out. 

Vince

It seems that some of us may have received a stay of execution for at least a few more days. At this point though I'm gonna continue the hardcore search for permanent employment I've already started. Thanks for the kind words. I believe that this, too, shall pass. It's just one of those frustrating periods most of us go through at one time or another. 

It seems that some of us may have received a stay of execution for at least a few more days. At this point though I'm gonna continue the hardcore search for permanent employment I've already started. Thanks for the kind words. I believe that this, too, shall pass. It's just one of those frustrating periods most of us go through at one time or another. 

Well thank the stars for a reprieve, if true. I hope this works out for the best for you, and something better awaits. Good luck, Jon. :thumbup

Yesterday I lost my job. Well, I think I lost my job because they sent us home and told us not to come back until we hear from them. And because their messages have been very cryptic. I suppose it wasn't technically a job because it wasn't permanent. But I lost the job I'd gotten not long after my dad passed away late in 2017. It was a surprise, as they'd already asked us for our availability through February and were talking about the project on which I'd been working for months lasting into the summer.

Today, as on most days, I'm questioning why I ever chose to go to law school.

Ahh sorry to hear! I’m in a similar boat my biggest regret was leaving a company I was with voluntarily for 11 years for a better job. Since then I have been between jobs and contracting it has been an awful 2 years because the new job didn’t work out. I’m now in the telecom field where everyone is a contractor it seems to be the wave of the future

Well thank the stars for a reprieve, if true. I hope this works out for the best for you, and something better awaits. Good luck, Jon. :thumbup

Thanks so much, Donna. I appreciate it.

Ahh sorry to hear! I’m in a similar boat my biggest regret was leaving a company I was with voluntarily for 11 years for a better job. Since then I have been between jobs and contracting it has been an awful 2 years because the new job didn’t work out. I’m now in the telecom field where everyone is a contractor it seems to be the wave of the future . Good luck in your new job search

Thanks and good luck to you, too. Sorry you've had a rough patch over the last couple of years. Hope better opportunities are in store for both of us.

Ahh sorry to hear! I’m in a similar boat my biggest regret was leaving a company I was with voluntarily for 11 years for a better job. Since then I have been between jobs and contracting it has been an awful 2 years because the new job didn’t work out. I’m now in the telecom field where everyone is a contractor it seems to be the wave of the future . Good luck in your new job search

I just had my 10 year anniversary in the military/industrial complex. My first reaction was to look for a bridge to jump off of. I view it as penance for having work I liked for 25 years (working in music distribution). I probably have to retire on disability this year as the docs have gone from suggesting to insisting. @ 58 I have no desire to leave that place feet first. Happened to 1 of my few friends at work. Was a year younger. Went to doctor & 7 weeks later was dead. Message received!

Ah ok now I’m being let go from my contracting job a second time in 3 months ‍♂Off to the job hunt once more. What an emotional rollercoaster last 2 years

I am so, so sorry to hear this Craig.

Today I'm thinking about how cool it was to see the Blackhawks score 4 goals in under 3 minutes last night. They are on a 5 game winning hot streak to get that wild card spot in the playoffs.

Calvino-bong thread?

Today I'm thinking about how cool it was to see the Blackhawks score 4 goals in under 3 minutes last night. They are on a 5 game winning hot streak to get that wild card spot in the playoffs.

Calvino-bong thread?

The Avs have lost 4 in a row and are bottom-feeders like CHI. No high hopes here....

Well crap, so much winning, huh?! Where's this robust economy I keep hearing about? Seems like everybody I know is living paycheck to paycheck and cobbling together part-time jobs to approximate a "real" paycheck!
I'm so sorry to hear all the lousy news going around, but each of you is a smart and resourceful person so I expect you will land on your feet, and hopefully be better off with some new position. But I'm sorry for all the stress and self-doubt that goes with these transitions! Hang in there, and know that we're pulling for you!

Ah ok now I’m being let go from my contracting job a second time in 3 months ‍♂Off to the job hunt once more. What an emotional rollercoaster last 2 years

I'm very sorry. Hope something more stable comes your/our way very soon. 

Remphish, I have contacts with legal headhunters within my firm, ping me if you want to chat.

Lammy, Hawks aint bottom feeders. Hell, they are just making the season interesting. :-)

Remphish, I have contacts with legal headhunters within my firm, ping me if you want to chat.

Lammy, Hawks aint bottom feeders. Hell, they are just making the season interesting. :-)

Thanks appreciate it. I’m in the utility/real estate realm. I work with many attorneys over the years but don’t have a legal backround. I really appreciate everyone’s kindness on the page

Calvino-bong thread?

The bong thread regarding She's a Jar in the Just a Fan forum - yet another poor attempt of humor on my part, though I do find think the thread is an amusing bit.

I am not feeling a Blackhawk playoff run, which is a bummer - also, Lammy is right - the Hawks are still bottom feeders. 

Its strange to see the Hawks play just awful (especially during the first half of the season) and then they'll have a period where they play like 3 time Stanley Cup winners.

Tomorrow my wife and I are hopping a cheap flight from Chicago to Minneapolis and then driving almost four hours to Fargo, ND where we will spend the night in what I'm told is one of Fargo's "Top 10 Swankiest Hotels."  Why? Because North Dakota is the only state I've never visited.  So my quest to hit all 50 states will be over and done tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it.

Tomorrow my wife and I are hopping a cheap flight from Chicago to Minneapolis and then driving almost four hours to Fargo, ND where we will spend the night in what I'm told is one of Fargo's "Top 10 Swankiest Hotels." Why? Because North Dakota is the only state I've never visited. So my quest to hit all 50 states will be over and done tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Ha I did the same thing about 8 years ago! Dobson hotel?? Didn’t stay there but had a great meal there. Fargo was kinda fun for a small town!