Most ((Groundbreaking)) Song Ever??

I gotta go with this one.

I agree with LARS but there are so many that could be.  This just because it opened the door for any artist to change and not go with what got them there.  I am sure they all fed of each other in those days....the Beatles inspire Dyan and visa versa.

I gotta go with this one.

Me too. It was too long for top 40 radio so they only played the first half.

LouieB

I'll go with I Want to Hold Your Hand.

I bought that single as a kid. Still have my totally degrooved copy.

LouieB

The fact that LARS got real airplay contributes greatly to its status. If it hadn't gotten airplay, it might just be considered another great song, like "A Day in the Life," or "Trouble Every Day," or "Paint It Black." But the fact that it was coming out of car stereos and little transistor radios in the summer of 1965...damn, that must have blown people's minds.

Unlike conventional chart hits of the time, the lyrics of "Like a Rolling Stone" were not about love, but expressed resentment and a yearning for revenge.

Of course, Dylan did that a lot in other songs, but this one became a huge hit, too.

Apparently, people eventually insisted that the entire single be played without interruption, so that the full 6-minute version was played on the radio. It then reached #2, right behind the Beatles' single of "Help!" That was a pretty cool year, I kinda wish I'd been old enough to know what was going on.

Edit:

Wow, just read that it's going to auction:

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/05/01/dylans-like-a-rolling-stone-heads-to-auction/20878535/

Why the fuck is groundbreaking in double parentheses.

Because the ground is breaking and swallowing that word "groundbreaking?"