Supposedly great bands/artists that you cant stand

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but I've heard that little asshole referred to as his generation's Dylan.

Well he does brood like that Dylan McKay character - I'll give him that.

This is the winner.  Everywhere I go I hear this band.. Everyone I talk to is crazy about them.  "Have you heard Mumford and Sons?  Do you like Mumford and Sons?  For the love of God listen to them!  Fck!"

Ya know, I like the banjo and country music and some folk and generally speaking, acoustic music is all right by me. But Mumford I find almost unlistenable. I just do not get the appeal of that band. I've tried and they suuuuuuck.

"We were playing a festival in Dublin the other week. There was this other group, like, warming up in the next sort of chalet, and they were terrible. I said, 'Shut them cunts up!' And they were stil warming up, so I threw a bottle at them. The bands said, 'That's the Sons of Mumford' or something. 'They're number five in charts!' I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers." - Mark E Smith

I don't know, but I've heard that little asshole referred to as his generation's Dylan.

This was what galled me the most. I don't know anyone personally who liked this little twerp, but there were critics who fawned over him, and even a few Wilco fans on here who had good things to say about him back in the day. Sorry, but just because you have logorrhea, that doesn't make you fucking Bob Dylan.

Grateful Dead

Dave Matthews Band

R.E.M. post 1996

Nah. Just messin'. 

I'll add:

Red Hot Chili Peppers

By a factor of 100 this is so there.

Radiohead

Guided By Voices

Pavement

Prince

X

The Clash (with the exception of about three songs)

Ryan Adams

Arcade Fire

The National

White Stripes

Neutral Milk Hotel

The Smiths

Spoon

Sex Pistols

Bright Eyes

This thread is funny. I agree with The Doors, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eagles, and a few others, but the list above could be a thread titled "Some Bands That I Like." Just like the saying goes, opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one! :)

I still like Bright Eyes. The bloom is off the rose a little, but I was crazy about them at first and I still like listening to some of their music at times. Conor Oberst will be performing with Dawes at Newport and I'm looking forward to hearing that. I've seen Bright Eyes/Oberst 3 times. The first two were excellent shows but the most recent one kind of sucked. He kept going on and on about some woo woo political bs.

Assuming U2 is considered critically well regarded, I'll throw their names in the ring for bands I don't like. There are many others, including most of My Morning Jacket, and definitely the dread Mumford and Sons.

some of the production on those 80s records is gawdawful

Trying to think of a single example of an 80s Prince record that's poorly produced, and I'm coming up practically blank, except maybe for the song Take Me With U.

Joni Mitchell

I think it's her voice.

But I am still trying. I have Court and Spark and will continue to give it a chance. Too many people whom I respect love this record and love her that it compels me to keep trying.