Supposedly great bands/artists that you cant stand

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion is another one I have a hard time understanding the appeal.

He's got a hot wife, so there's that. I saw her perform with Boss Hog about 20 years ago. Cibo Mato opened IIRC.

i have a pretty good interview w/ Watt that i need to finish transcribing.

the dude is a force of nature.

Cool. Got to hang and chat with him (and Nels)  briefly backstage when he was playing with Banyan. Nice guy.

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion is another one I have a hard time understanding the appeal.

There was a song that I heard on the radio two or three times that I thik was them that blew me away.  I can't confirm that it was them.  Everything that I've heard that I know for a fact is them, is just ok to me.   Maybe there's something to that.  I don't really like JS's persona, but I like what they do with their instruments..

I like the JSBX in small doses, only. It's a bit too much of a schtick.

But, at the same time, I can totally appreciate it. And, when I'm in the right mood, I can even dig it.

I think a couple of Flaming Lips songs are some of the best ever written in rock history but what do I know?

Especially Fight Test and Race For The Prize and of course Do You Realize.

I mean just watch Do You Realize on Letterman when it came out. Seems like it may have been the first time or two they had played it live and it is SO GOOD!!

I also love most all of their "popular" songs. Yeah Yeah Yeah and Yoshimi etc..........

I understand how the Flaming Lips bug the crap out of just about everyone, especially Coyne's blabbering. But Soft Bulletin is a musical masterpiece at times.