Walk for Susan Miller Tweedy

Saw this posted on the Poi Dog Facebook page...  She is such a great person and a true giver.  Time to return the favor...

http://pages.lightthenight.org/il/ChicagoL14/TeamSusanMillerTweedy

RIGHT ON!!! Thanks for sharing about this great way to help & give back!! And big kudos for Sue for both being comfortable enough to share her experiences with others & for totally rockin' that new pixie cut!! Sending wishes, good vibes & prayers for continuing Love & Light to Susan & her whole tribe!!

I love that picture! Two of my favorite people. Wishing a phenomenal turnout to this Light The Night walk, and fundraising results as generous as Sue & Jeff have always been themselves!

Love you, Sue!

It really is the most endearing picture of both of them. Maybe I've looked at it too many times, but it seems like a deceptively casual photo that really speaks volumes. Profound, loving, unflinching and honest.  :love    :hug  

Is anyone else going to walk in this?  I am going to join the walk itself and try to raise some in Miss Sue's name at Bonnaroo and through Inforoo and at the other fests I am attending this year, and maybe even at my hospital system.  I lost my love, Mike, 2 weeks ago to his cancer, and considering he was a Chicago native and long-time Wilco supporter, built our love with Wilco and others running through it, proposed to me at Solid Sound, and passed away as Jesus, Etc played in the background,  I just feel the need/desire to give back to the family who has, unbeknownst to them, meant so much to us.  

If anyone else is thinking of joining the walking team, let me know and we can meet up.  

Is anyone else going to walk in this?  I am going to join the walk itself and try to raise some in Miss Sue's name at Bonnaroo and through Inforoo and at the other fests I am attending this year, and maybe even at my hospital system.  I lost my love, Mike, 2 weeks ago to his cancer, and considering he was a Chicago native and long-time Wilco supporter, built our love with Wilco and others running through it, proposed to me at Solid Sound, and passed away as Jesus, Etc played in the background,  I just feel the need/desire to give back to the family who has, unbeknownst to them, meant so much to us.  

If anyone else is thinking of joining the walking team, let me know and we can meet up.  

I'm very sorry too hear this sad update. I remember talking with you on the phone in Chicago when we missed connections at the Tweedy charity shows. I forget which night he played California Stars--was it the night you were there? 

Unfortunately I can't actually walk with you in Chicago, but I'm definitely sending my support in every way I can from afar. For you, Susan, and all others fighting the good fight.

I think I participated in this event last year as part of a team for my niece's mother-in-law who passed away last year. I am guessing we will do the same this year.

LouieB

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the love and good memories can sustain you. I think it's beautiful that your love is motivating you to give back.

• 3 months later...