Tweedy - Sukierae

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting this means more tour dates in the Autumn too! Digging the new song, which is inspiring me to go-go to the Pittsburgh show!!!

Also the album title is great.  

I feel like this song could fit in with the tunes on that Wilco Book disc- it's got that same kind of monochord buzzy vibe... if that makes sense? 

Excited to hear more- hope they drop a new song every week til the record is out. 

I made a big move to a different state 7 weeks ago - haven't changed residences in 25 years so it was a big thing.

So many things still unsettled after nearly 2 months.

I have to thank Mr. Tweedy & son for making me get my big butt down under my desk, on the hardwood floor and finally hooking up my PC speakers so I could listen to this.

Love it.

Kinda has a Corduroy Cutoff Girl vibe for me.

I like the track, not blown away, but I am definitely excited for 19 new songs. I'm also happy that it isn't just a stripped down folk song, not that I don't enjoy the slower stuff. I'm just glad the album will have some more energy too it. Not what I was expecting

Aaagh, I'm at the dentist and can't hear it. But so beautiful to name it after his true love and muse.

I thought the same thing, Diane...how sweet that the album is named for Sue. Great song, huh? By now you've heard it I'm sure. :)

I thought the same thing, Diane...how sweet that the album is named for Sue. Great song, huh? By now you've heard it I'm sure. :)

Oh, just a few times. . . . totally loving it and am beyond thrilled to get to see them in JUST 5 DAYS!!!

I have it on good authority that the album consists of just 5 new songs and 15 remixes of 'Please Be Patient With Me'.  :blink

This song reminds me of John Lennon for some reason though...

First listening - not bad, not great. I hope the return of any bursts of 'weirdness' in sound is not just weirdness for its own sake.

I hope it is not representative only in as much as I prefer albums with a large variety of sounds/styles, so would welcome this on the same album as a track that might sound like 'Open Mind'.

Edit: It IS a grower ...