Tweedy - Sukierae

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The B-side- Wow!!, and the full BAM show officially archived & absolutely beautiful!!!

Nobody Dies Anymore

Fake Fur Coat

Diamond Light Pt.1

Flowering

High As Hello

New Moon

Honey Combed

Desert Bell

Summer Noon

Wait For Love

Slow Love

World Away

Low Key

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

New Madrid

Hummingbird

You and I

Please Tell My Brother

Born Alone

Hesitating Beauty

Jesus, Etc.

Radio King

Passenger Side

I'm the Man Who Loves You

A Shot in the Arm

Encore:

Love Like a Wire

Only The Lord Knows

Give Back The Key To My Heart

California Stars

That's awesome!

Is anyone planning on ripping that B-side?

I wonder if the B-sides will be released on another release down the road...

If anyone rips that B-side please PM me with a file... I'm totally loving it!!!!!!!

Also any files for the BAM show (at the very least so I can have a version of "Love Like A Wire" until it comes out as either a B-side or on a Roadcase release)

And finally...are there still tickets for Solid Sound 2015 being given away or are those gone too?

I listened to the record for the first time yesterday.  I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.  Hearing the pre-release samples, I thought they were kind of dry..  But the first half of the album is quite fantastic..  I think it starts to taper off a bit halfway through though, but I need to give it more listens.  I get a Loose Fur or Ghost Is Born vibe from it.. 

And Spencer really stands out.. It's a very drum based record.. The kid is a beast.  

I've got a turntable that can rip vinyl...but I don't have the Summer Noon 7" - if I could help I would, although I thought we weren't supposed to ask for free copies of commercially available material around here...

I gotcha, I'm not asking. I'm just saying I'd rather have one. It may be commericially available to some..but not to those without a turntable. I'm sure these songs will eventually pop up on a release some where down the road.

My Amazon pre-order finally arrived yesterday evening.... Amazon "guaranteed" delivery by 8PM... the UPS guy showed up at 7:30.  sigh.  Well worth the wait though.

I saw Tweedy live in June, which was the only time I've heard these songs before today.  I'm glad I saw them live, even with the unfamiliar material.  It was sort of a big listening party which was cool.  But the songs didn't really blow me away, and I found myself wanting to hear Jeff play all the guitar parts rather than the guys he brought along (all of whom were quite capable, of course... but not Jeff).  And Jeff stayed on acoustic a lot that night, which was a little underwhelming.

I've had two spins through disc 1 so far.  I really, really love the studio version of these songs.  I can certainly hear the Loose Fur vibe that's been mentioned.  I love the variation on the songs.  Spencer's drumming is a lot more interesting and prevalent than I remember from the live show.  Jeff's bass lines are sweet.  The little sprinkles of keyboard (Scott?) are just enough to add a little flavor and keep from being an all-guitar record. 

Can't wait to settle in with Disc 2....

I really love that Jeff played piano on "Where My Love". 

Also, one cool thing about him having this whole solo record thing is that he's on Twitter, and actually tweeting a little. I don't think he's ever really done anything on any type of social media (except maybe posting here one or 2 times)... so it is neat to see. 

I really love that Jeff played piano on "Where My Love". 

Also, one cool thing about him having this whole solo record thing is that he's on Twitter, and actually tweeting a little. I don't think he's ever really done anything on any type of social media (except maybe posting here one or 2 times)... so it is neat to see. 

Interesting.  I always thought Jeff was supremely opposed to social media.  Actually, that is what I am getting out of his leading track, 'Please Don't Let Me Be So Understood.'