Tweedy - Sukierae

I'm really digging "Where My Love" right now…reminds me of Golden Smog…its got a similar feel to "All the Same to Me" which is a personal favorite of mine

That one is a haunting beauty.  The piano especially gets me.  It reminds me of something else that I can't place.  It would work well in a film.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, I'm gonna come out and say that I strongly disagree with the Disc 2 haters.  I can imagine myself crawling inside of those songs and living with them this fall.  It's perfect for dropping temperatures and changing colors.  The only complaint I can share is that the songs, and also the treatments on 'Hazel' and 'I'll Never Know' feels just a little wrong for ending this hour and ten minute album.  Maybe just a little too loose and ramshackle.  I think he could have ended with 'Fake Fur Coat'.

Lucky you, twosheds! Now I'm really anxious for mine. Will be meeting my mail carrier at the door on Monday, but hopefully not acting like this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJye229QbVs

"Just gimme my music! Unless you're speaking Sukierae into my hands, I don't wanna hear it!!!" :argue

It's difficult to express how much I love this album. There are a few songs on here that may end up among my all-time favorite Jeff Tweedy songs.

Received the 180g vinyl yesterday on my doorstep - there was much rejoicing. Currently on my second listen. The vinyl is flat and quiet. The sound is excellent, intimate soundstage as if Jeff and Spencer are playing in my living room. Tip of the cap to Executive Producer Samuel L. Tweedy. Current faves are Diamond Light and Summer Noon, but album seems like one of those growers which will yield new faves every couple listens. Psyched to continue to dig in.

Apparently posted on youtube a few days ago, & taped on 7/23 at WFUV with just Jeff on acoustic & Spencer on drums...
"Love Like A Wire":

"Flowering":

"New Moon":

The liner notes are amazing guys. The pictures! It's like he's sharing a family album with us or something.

Liner notes, eh? Well the eagle had landed here, but it's a CD eagle, & apparently there's a hierarchy of landing eagles & it looks like the vinyl's got something mine ain't got. Too bad, it doesn't seem like it would take much to include that really. Just a few extra pages in the lyric booklet. Hopefully it'll surface somewhere to read...soooooo...if anyone has it to share, please do. Thanks in advance...

Mine has arrived too. Linclink, I got both the cd and album and from the fast skim I've done (all I've had time for so far on this busy day) the two seem to contain exactly the same notes and pictures. Nice having the photos in larger form on the album. The picture of Jeff & Sue is so sweet! And the colored vinyl is gorgeous.

I picked up the yellow colored vinyl at the show last night and yes, it does contain the CD. I also, of course, had preordered the CD (bundled with something or other) but haven't gotten it yet in the mail--maybe it will be waiting for me at home.

But I think there are just the pictures--no actual liner notes per se, at least not in terms of the written word. And Samuel L. Tweedy is indeed the executive producer. The pictures are just adorable.

I decided to visit my local independent record store tonight just a hair before midnight, even though I already bought this on iTunes to get the 8 tracks as they came in. Let me explain to you what happened. 

I see the latest issue of Magnet with Jeff & Spencer and decide to pick that up. I found the double disc set and head to the register to get on the road to hear this. The polite young woman told me that the issue of Magnet is free at the store. OK. Cool. 

She hands me a poster which is really cool, as you can see. I thank her for this and I'm on my way out. Her coworker runs behind the counter and tells me not to leave. She pulls out what appears to be 2 albums and she reads the handwritten note on it that says to give these out to the first 2 customers to buy the album. She flips it over and the album on the bottom is signed by both Jeff & Spencer, so she hands me the autographed one and I was in shock. $12.97 for the double disc and everything else was free. 

Tweedy SMALL.jpeg

Tweedy 2.jpeg

Tweedy 3.jpeg

Tweedy 4.jpeg

I decided to visit my local independent record store tonight just a hair before midnight, even though I already bought this on iTunes to get the 8 tracks as they came in. Let me explain to you what happened. 

I see the latest issue of Magnet with Jeff & Spencer and decide to pick that up. I found the double disc set and head to the register to get on the road to hear this. The polite young woman told me that the issue of Magnet is free at the store. OK. Cool. 

She hands me a poster which is really cool, as you can see. I thank her for this and I'm on my way out. Her coworker runs behind the counter and tells me not to leave. She pulls out what appears to be 2 albums and she reads the handwritten note on it that says to give these out to the first 2 customers to buy the album. She flips it over and the album on the bottom is signed by both Jeff & Spencer, so she hands me the autographed one and I was in shock. $12.97 for the double disc and everything else was free. 

Again, is it any wonder we love this band??!!! Any band with a Tweedy or two in it ??!!! :bounce8  Congratulations!

Sorry for the confusion- by liner notes I meant the pictures, I just consider all booklets with CD's liner notes... my bad. 

Also, the Summer Noon B-side is good. Kinda punk-ish

All good... hoping someone posts the B-side soon....looking forward to getting a file of it sometime...speaking of which, anyone who reads that last part that has one & would like to PM me here, well, thanks in advance...

Got mine in the mail yesterday and started listening to it on the road. I've gotten through all of disc one and part of disc two (thanks, traffic jam!), and I'm really digging it so far. I think the first disc has enough variations in style to keep a listener's interest, and I haven't heard anything "forgettable" or "filler" on disc two yet. I also think there are probably enough really strong songs on both discs to warrant splitting the album up into two separate parts like this. It occurred to me that the whole thing is, technically, short enough to fit on one CD (70 minutes), so the decision to have two discrete CDs was an artistic one. I can understand that.

More to follow...had only heard most of these tracks once, streamed at my work computer at a low volume, so I am just now getting a feel for them.

What a cool story.  Congratulations on the awesome freebies!

That's awesome!

Is anyone planning on ripping that B-side?

I wonder if the B-sides will be released on another release down the road...