TWEEDY — 6/10/14, Washington, DC (Lincoln Theatre)

That video of him punching the fan onstage would make one think otherwise. Maybe in his younger days -- thought I recalled a story in Greg Kot's book about Tweedy diving through a drum kit at Ken Coomer once. Or the time Jeff and Jay Farrar almost came to blows during the Uncle Tupelo farewell tour.

Go to the 1:10 mark.

http://youtu.be/5wmAvy7C2co

That video of him punching the fan onstage would make one think otherwise.

Anyone remember the DC show at Constitution Hall in the (I think) IATTBYH days when Jeff tired to kick a guy in the head at the front of the stage??

It was near the end of the show and this guy went down the main aisle right to the front of the stage and tried to post for a photo with him in the front and Jeff singing in the background.   IIRC, Jeff stepped up and took a swing at him with his leg and started yelling at him.  "WHAT AM I, A TRAINED MONKEY?"

Anyone remember the DC show at Constitution Hall in the (I think) IATTBYH days when Jeff tired to kick a guy in the head at the front of the stage??

It was near the end of the show and this guy went down the main aisle right to the front of the stage and tried to post for a photo with him in the front and Jeff singing in the background.   IIRC, Jeff stepped up and took a swing at him with his leg and started yelling at him.  "WHAT AM I, A TRAINED MONKEY?"

I have the recording, and I think I recall him saying, "I'll kick you in the head. I'm not a monkey in the zoo."

Dude has shown a lot of restraint in these situations. I would have delivered a major thumping, I imagine. His patience is remarkable, IMHO.

I have the recording, and I think I recall him saying, "I'll kick you in the head. I'm not a monkey in the zoo."

Dude has shown a lot of restraint in these situations. I would have delivered a major thumping, I imagine. His patience is remarkable, IMHO.

You might have my recording!  I had mics set up in the soundboard area for that show (no affilation with anyone in the band......I just asked the soundboard guy if I could put my mic stand there, and he let me).  Haven't listened to that show in ages though.

Misunderstood w/o PA

I'm glad you posted that, but it was from Louisville, not DC. I think the DC crowd did a much better job. I've been looking everywhere, hoping someone captured that so I could relive it.

• 3 months later...

This sentiment pleases me.