• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$25 service fee for Ticket Fly-eek!  Whatever.  I bought them anyway.

Yeah, that's a helluva service charge--for print at home tickets!  But yep, whatever.

and i"m in! see you all on the floor in port chester for night 2! :)

Sweet.  Same here.

I had tickets for the Cap show, got dumped, then they were gone. Sold out in 2 minutes. I am PISSED.

Still selling balcony as of a minute ago.  Also, a friend bought an extra balcony ticket for night 2.  Let me know if interested and I will see if she still has it.

My buddy scored us 4th row center balcony. I would have gone for the floor but he wanted seats.

FWIW, if you are talking about the Cap, "balcony" is actually rear balcony.  "Loge" is the front balcony and consists of three rows separated from the rear balcony by a large aisle.  

Shut out again.  I had a half dozen students in my class trying to get in. (so what if it's unethical :) -  I really needed a couple tix for the second night at the Capitol.  I was going to take my daughter.  Hopefully, they'll release some later.  So how much are they going for on Stubhub right now?  Hate that shit

I can spend twelve dollars and three zero cents, for print-at-home tickets, and unused letterhead

VCers wonder why Wilco still uses Front Gate, but the rest of us don't give a fuck

'Cause we scored tickets from them too, and shipping was just a buck

Shut out again.  I had a half dozen students in my class trying to get in. (so what if it's unethical :) -  I really needed a couple tix for the second night at the Capitol.  I was going to take my daughter.  Hopefully, they'll release some later.  So how much are they going for on Stubhub right now?  Hate that shit

Keep trying.  Tickets are still coming up as people release them from their carts.  Just keep refreshing.

I can spend twelve dollars and three zero cents, for print-at-home tickets, and unused letterhead

VCers wonder why Wilco still uses Front Gate, but the rest of us don't give a fuck

'Cause we scored tickets from them too, and shipping was just a buck

Exactly why I don't give a fuck about Ticketfly's service charge.  It worked for me and my friends, whereas Front Gate crashed for each one of us and several others here and elsewhere.  Lower service charge is only a good thing for me when I actually get service. 

Yeah, that's a helluva service charge--for print at home tickets! But yep, whatever.

Sweet. Same here.

Still selling balcony as of a minute ago. Also, a friend bought an extra balcony ticket for night 2. Let me know if interested and I will see if she still has it.

Thanks for the offer, but persistence paid off. I was able to get 2 GA. Their system couldn't handle the traffic, I think.

For anyone shut out the Cap, it is now 12:31 and I was just able to pull balcony seats for both nights after refreshing a few times.  I dumped the seats immediately but I just wanted to see if they were still available.  Keep trying.

And fwiw, getting on to the floor at the Cap without a GA ticket is not very difficult...

ETA:  12:45 pm and I was just able to pull a GA for Cap night one.

Thanks for the offer, but persistence paid off. I was able to get 2 GA. Their system couldn't handle the traffic, I think.

Congrats.  It looks like their system doesn't offer tickets as long as they are in someone's cart.  While that results in slower sales, it also allows people with tickets in their carts enough time (perhaps too much time) to complete their order without releasing the tickets.  Front Gate does not hold tickets once you select them, which means you don't know if you have tickets or not until you complete your order.  I was in the middle of my order on Wednesday when it logged me off because its system crashed and I lost the order. 

Ticketfly gives this message, which I think is helpful:

We're sorry, all available tickets are currently in other shopping carts. Please keep trying, they may soon become available.

Persistence paid off - got a pair for night 2 at the Capitol.  Now if I can scare up another one I might be generous guy and take someone else who digs Wilco.  

Congrats.  Keep trying still.  12:55 and I just pulled another GA for night 2.

I got my two GA for night one Cap, I was trying to grab a second GA for night two but only Balcony was coming up so I guess I'll save money and stick to the one for night two.  If by some odd chance my GF completely falls in love with Wilco at Lockn' this weekend and just has to go to two shows on a work night two hours away I'll consider myself blessed and wait out Stub Hub until it's closer to the show and make the plunge for another.

I got my two GA for night one Cap, I was trying to grab a second GA for night two but only Balcony was coming up so I guess I'll save money and stick to the one for night two.  If by some odd chance my GF completely falls in love with Wilco at Lockn' this weekend and just has to go to two shows on a work night two hours away I'll consider myself blessed and wait out Stub Hub until it's closer to the show and make the plunge for another.

You here at Lockn' Bosco?

Not yet, my GF couldn't get out of work, we'll drive down tonight, as soon as Bobby dropped out Friday night wasn't that important to me anyway.  Will VC have any presence there, might be fun to get together for the two shows and hopefully the Nels sit in with Phil.

I know this is off topic-- but I've got such mixed feelings about Boston Calling. I'd love to see The National tonight, but I hate that festival. The crowd is awkward and the sound and space just don't work. It's a shame because the lineups have been great, and it means that the bands that play the festival don't have any other local shows. 

I'll add to the off-topic and the mixed feelings on Boston Calling.  I'm going tonight and Sunday and somehow feel I should be more excited about the whole thing.   I have not been before but I've spent a lot of time in and around City Hall Plaza and just can't imagine how they will make it a decent place to spend many hours seeing music.