Not yet, my GF couldn't get out of work, we'll drive down tonight, as soon as Bobby dropped out Friday night wasn't that important to me anyway.  Will VC have any presence there, might be fun to get together for the two shows and hopefully the Nels sit in with Phil.

Just got back to our hotel in Lynchburg. Tonight/last night or whichever night it was was awesome. Can't wait for tomorrow/today.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else catch this from Wilco's Twitter yesterday?:

Port Chester 2x show sold out. Thanks everyone and watch this space for related news on Monday. #Wilco20

Interesting.  Adding another show before or after?  The Cap is calendar is free on 10/27 and 10/30... 

I think we are going to try to stay somewhere cheap outside of Nashville the night between shows. We can't afford the usual place we go (Embassy Suites on Broadway) because we've ended up with 3 extra tickets that we can't use (hoping my friend takes 2 of them) Ended up buying about $500 worth of tickets. :-/

Hi Sarah, if you still have 3 extras that you need to offload let me know. Im thinking about going to one of the Ryman shows.

Hi Sarah, if you still have 3 extras that you need to offload let me know. Im thinking about going to one of the Ryman shows.

Pretty sure the pair of them for night 2 are spoken for. I do have 1 extra for night 2. 

Pretty sure, also, they're not going to cancel the orders either, as my husband's credit card has been charged. 

Can't wait for those Port Chester shows now!! That was a fantastic set! (BTW both Ohio shows I saw, Akron & Columbus, were terrific too)..but first... Tweedy/Jeff Tweedy in Ithaca & Buffalo in a few weeks!!

Has anything from W(TA) showed up on this mini tour yet? I'm really hoping bull black nova makes its way back into rotation.

Not yet... I'd love to see lots of that album showing up in the sets of the upcoming "An Evening With Wilco" shows...

Two new questions....

1) Does the advertised phrase "An Evening With Wilco" being applied to the recent spat of 20th Anniversary shows mean that we'll get shows similar in length & content to the last time it was used? I believe that was 2009 if I'm correct, where an "An Evening With Wilco" show meant the longest shows they've ever done (mini-acoustic sets & horn sections, etc.?). One can hope, that's for sure...a 3+ hour Wilco show, with three dozen, or more songs on the set list would be pretty amazing indeed.

2) Does anyone think they might add a small group of shows (like the recent half dozen for October) eventually for both November & December. I'm betting on it. I think they'll at least do something for the 20th anniversary in Chicago in December...I'm also thinking another half dozen for Nov. & Dec. involving something on the west coast too...If they do I hope it's soon, & of course I hope for some more east coast dates (come on NYC- though with two in Port Chester I doubt it), as this would lead to a drop off in ticket prices for Port Chester. ..we...shall...see...

Has anything from W(TA) showed up on this mini tour yet? I'm really hoping bull black nova makes its way back into rotation.

Not yet... I'd love to see lots of that album showing up in the sets of the upcoming "An Evening With Wilco" shows...

Ugh. Please stop requesting these types of songs. We don't want to encourage Wilco to make more of them.