• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just announced: Wilco added a show in Milwaukee on 12/3 at the Riverside Theatre. Presale this Wednesday, general onsale Friday.

First of all, kudos to "Gornok"- great name & avatar (that video is incredibly hilarious)...

I was pretty sure we'd see some more dates. I don't think there will be lots more dates forthcoming, but my bet now is that there will be some dates after Thanksgiving & before Christmas that will somehow, inevitably, include a run of dates in Chicago...I'll be surprised in somewhere in California doesn't get the same sort of three show run that the tri-state area did with Port Chester, NY. I think this second bunch of dates is going to be the end of the 20th Anniversary "An Evening With Wilco" run & probably the last dates we'll see before Solid Sound...and the new album & tour to follow...

Oh, man, I may be road tripping up to Wisconsin again for this. 

Seriously though, Wilco has not played a full show in Chicago since 2011(!) when they played 5 nights at different venues ranging from the Civic Opera House to Lincoln Hall (I was at the Vic show). They did play the ballpark in Geneva, IL in July, 2012 and then a shortish set at the Americanarama show last summer.  Just saying, it is TOO LONG not to play the home town for a proper gig.  And the Tweedy band has only played at that Sound Opinions show for a small audience, since Taste of Chicago was cancelled. Thank god Jeff does those solo charity shows every year or the Tweedy drought would be ridiculous.

Introduce yourself, Gornok. I mean, Ron Swanson. I mean, Nick Offerman.

Manifesto is clear. This has been fortold ever since Proteus brought the upright beast into the garden and chained him to a tree.

More information cost many bananas.

I was at the original deli tray show back in 97...in addition at that show Jeff Crowd surfed :stunned

OMG, if there ever was a time when he might consider doing that again, it could be if it were at the same theater and on a 20th anniversary tour. That would be such a hoot!

bought a 6th row single, going to head up from chicago.  sucks that the tickets are will call only, but it was too good to pass up.

I got a single in the sixth row, too. I will be the one who will be spending the next two months requesting "Feed the Man."

So does the fact that Jeff played One Wing last night quell the discussion of them not being able to play W(TA) songs live due to legal issues?

As far as I understand, Tweedy (solo) and Wilco have been playing WTA songs, but not releasing the tunes on their Roadcase releases.