• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend & I both tried & got shut out for everything. Once again I must say that I really hate Front Gate Tickets...

Why is it FrontGate's fault that demand exceeds supply?

On the flip side, shipping is only one dollar, down from 12 dollars! Still can't combine orders though. I got logged out of trying for one show while I got the other.

Also, I am pretty sure Frontage messed up, and the Ryman gigs were supposed to go on sale at 10 CDT... cos the venue is in central time. 

We got front row section 1 for the Ryman night 1,, and halfway back on the main floor night 2. Not bad. 

Also, I am pretty sure Frontage messed up, and the Ryman gigs were supposed to go on sale at 10 CDT... cos the venue is in central time. 

We got front row section 1 for the Ryman night 1,, and halfway back on the main floor night 2. Not bad. 

Good job! See no worries :guitar

I wonder what we should expect from these later shows.  I would love to go to Raleigh but have to work until 5 and it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive.  If it's "an evening with" where they will be playing close to 3 hours then I may just have to make that happen assuming the start time isn't too early.  Will we get A.M. in its entirety possibly?

Ah, here's hoping that the box includes a version of "Venus..." if only so that it may be entered into the live (probably Jeff solo) songbook. Guessing that might be asking for too much though...what with the song history.

Speaking of asking for too much, I love it when these rarities boxes include alternative studio takes on songs and not just the b-sides. With a band like Wilco, who love to deconstruct songs and radically change them around, I think that could lead to some really interesting results. Not so much a fan of when live versions of album tracks are included in rarities sets, but that's neither here nor there. Echoing what everyone else is saying that this is an unexpected surprise with no downside for anyone.

I am impressed that you've been able to avoid suspension with such a profane avatar.  

I wonder what we should expect from these later shows.  I would love to go to Raleigh but have to work until 5 and it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive.  If it's "an evening with" where they will be playing close to 3 hours then I may just have to make that happen assuming the start time isn't too early.  Will we get A.M. in its entirety possibly?

I know your dilemma well. I live an hour and a half from the Capitol Theater. I cant leave my house until 630. If I hit one spot of traffic and don't find parking immediately I will miss part of the show. Lass time I saw the evening with I think they started 10 min after ticket time..

I still want to try for better for night 2, because there's a pole in our row. :(

EDIT- Just pulled Pit for night 2 front row. i am shaking. 

jesus. 

Wowza nice!

What a joke Front Gate is.  I can't believe Wilco is still using such amateurs.  I was logged in well beforehand and refreshed the page for Cap night 2 every few seconds so I was in as soon as the tickets came up.  Tried for two GA and it said not enough tickets.  Tried for one GA and it came up with all the details, fees, etc.  I clicked "add to order" and it logged me out "for security purposes."  By the time I logged back in tickets were all sold out.

I really can't believe that a band as accomplished as Wilco still uses such a joke of a business.  Grade school students could design a website that works better. 

I thought the floor at the Cap was the more expensive ticket so I didnt even look at it when I ordered.

If anyone wants to trade 2 GA's for two in the center balcony (Row B), PM me. I'll eat the ten dollar price difference as I'd rather be on the floor than up top (despite how good the view looks when I clicked on the seating chart).

Why is it FrontGate's fault that demand exceeds supply?

On the flip side, shipping is only one dollar, down from 12 dollars! Still can't combine orders though. I got logged out of trying for one show while I got the other.

No, it's not supply & demand & how crappy their website works. If you'd bothered to read my whole post you'd have noted that I wrote about just some of the bizarre & arbitrary things that occured there...being logged out, having it appear that you have tickets & then not being able to complete the order...things like that...Me & "last cigarette" & "tweety" are all on the same page on this one- hate Front Gate...

I thought the floor at the Cap was the more expensive ticket so I didnt even look at it when I ordered.

If anyone wants to trade 2 GA's for two in the center balcony (Row B), PM me. I'll eat the ten dollar price difference as I'd rather be on the floor than up top (despite how good the view looks when I clicked on the seating chart).

That should say Row B. Not row smiley winky guy.

What a joke Front Gate is.  I can't believe Wilco is still using such amateurs.  I was logged in well beforehand and refreshed the page for Cap night 2 every few seconds so I was in as soon as the tickets came up.  Tried for two GA and it said not enough tickets.  Tried for one GA and it came up with all the details, fees, etc.  I clicked "add to order" and it logged me out "for security purposes."  By the time I logged back in tickets were all sold out.

I really can't believe that a band as accomplished as Wilco still uses such a joke of a business.  Grade school students could design a website that works better. 

THIS is exactly what I was talking about. A friend & I did the same thing...constantly refreshing the screen, on their the second they went on sale...and, again, the same thing, I got to where I should have been able to order the tickets & then it, for no good reasons, logged me out & dumped my tickets...this happened more than once, & to my friend as well...who was laughing at how horrible they were.

I usually work with someone else when getting Wilco pre-sale tickets, & she hates Front Gate too...but today it was someone knew & they were shocked at how insane & haywire Front Gate's website & process was...

Look I've gotten plenty of great tickets from them before, but just because I've done well, doesn't mean that I don't think they stink...It's not whether or not I get mine, it's how screwed up their process is...also Ticketmaster stinks too, for sure, but again that doesn't make Front Gate not terrible

Oh yeah & for the record, the incompetents there also did put up the tickets for the Ryman for sale an hour earlier than advertised. Can they do anything right over there?

THIS is exactly what I was talking about. A friend & I did the same thing...constantly refreshing the screen, on their the second they went on sale...and, again, the same thing, I got to where I should have been able to order the tickets & then it, for no good reasons, logged me out & dumped my tickets...this happened more than once, & to my friend as well...who was laughing at how horrible they were.

I usually work with someone else when getting Wilco pre-sale tickets, & she hates Front Gate too...but today it was someone knew & they were shocked at how insane & haywire Front Gate's website & process was...

Look I've gotten plenty of great tickets from them before, but just because I've done well, doesn't mean that I don't think they stink...It's not whether or not I get mine, it's how screwed up their process is...also Ticketmaster stinks too, for sure, but again that doesn't make Front Gate not terrible

Oh yeah & for the record, the incompetents there also did put up the tickets for the Ryman for sale an hour earlier than advertised. Can they do anything right over there?

Yes, Ticketmaster stinks too, but at least they provide a service for the exorbitant fees they charge.  As in, you can actually complete an order and get the tickets you ordered.  It astounds me that Front Gate can be so inept and still be in business.  This exact same thing happened to two other friends of mine this morning...AND the same thing happened to me four years ago, the last time I used Front Gate. Except that time I ended up with too many tickets because they screwed up my order the other way, i.e., they filled one order twice after logging me out for no reason after I put the tickets in my cart.  

Same messed up bad luck including having a ticket in my cart and then getting logged out randomly to only have the ticket gone by the time I logged back in, in the end I got shut out of Night 1 Cap and could only get one GA for Night 2 Cap.  This was by far my worst Front Gate experience, I need a break now.

Frontgate works for me almost every time.  You need to stay at it for a good thirty minutes though.  They released the tickets in waves. There were ticket drops every few minutes-I got great seats for capitol theater night 2 at 10:15 and decent tix for night 1 five minutes later.

I am always amused when people come on to message boards to complain five minutes after tix go onsale instead of trying for tix.

No, it's not supply & demand & how crappy their website works. If you'd bothered to read my whole post you'd have noted that I wrote about just some of the bizarre & arbitrary things that occured there...being logged out, having it appear that you have tickets & then not being able to complete the order...things like that...Me & "last cigarette" & "tweety" are all on the same page on this one- hate Front Gate...

I agree that the logging out thing is weird, but it happened to me after I bought tix for another show, so I can sorta see that. Not sure why it happened to you before you bought though, As for tix apparently available but not able to purchase, same thing happened to me for another band's presales on ticketmaster, I kept trying, and 45 minutes after on-sale I scored a ticket. Just keep trying until they actually say "sold out."

Ah, here's hoping that the box includes a version of "Venus..." if only so that it may be entered into the live (probably Jeff solo) songbook. Guessing that might be asking for too much though...what with the song history.

Speaking of asking for too much, I love it when these rarities boxes include alternative studio takes on songs and not just the b-sides. With a band like Wilco, who love to deconstruct songs and radically change them around, I think that could lead to some really interesting results. Not so much a fan of when live versions of album tracks are included in rarities sets, but that's neither here nor there. Echoing what everyone else is saying that this is an unexpected surprise with no downside for anyone.

One thing I wished I spent more time doing at last year's Solid Sound was to listen to the headphone station at The Loft installation, where there was a bunch of alternate recordings/tracks from various Wilco songs... maybe for the rarities box, there's a download coupon to at least allow streaming access of this stuff.

So, are the general admission floor tix for the Capitol $76?  I choked when I saw the hundred dollar tix, but I could do the ga tix (even though that is rather exorbitant) 

GA $67

Balcony $77

Loge $97

I think that is right give or take a dollar.

Frontgate works for me almost every time.  You need to stay at it for a good thirty minutes though.  They released the tickets in waves. There were ticket drops every few minutes-I got great seats for capitol theater night 2 at 10:15 and decent tix for night 1 five minutes later.

I am always amused when people come on to message boards to complain five minutes after tix go onsale instead of trying for tix.

I got my ticket for night one a good 40 minutes after the sale started & I always stay on with Front Gate until I see they are all sold out because I know what a mess they are... I stayed on this time until the bitter end... I was on here complaining fast because the level of screw up (also experienced by "tweety" here too) was outrageous & had happened to both myself & the other person who was trying to help me get tickets...we both got tickets, were into the process & were logged out by Front Gate in the middle of the purchase...