• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tweety is blowing this out of proportion. It's not like it was the general on sale or anything. There are many more tickets that will be available come Friday.

No reason to be so grumpy and outraged. It's 10% of what is likely a 2000+ seat venue.

Thank you.  I understood that fully before the first time you posted it, but posting it again was most helpful. 

And yes, I understand that it doesn't suck because it didn't happen to you.  And it sucks much less when you have tickets that you have selected taken from you due to the ticket seller's ineptitude during a fan presale than it would to have the same thing happen during a general sale.  Infallible logic there.

I look forward to wasting more time on Friday.  But at least I will be paying exorbitant fees to a business that actually performs the service for which it charges.

People love to gripe about stuff, and sometimes they think bringing their struggles here will fall on sympathetic ears. Doesn't always work that way. It's just a pre-sale.

Ah, no.  Not looking for sympathy here.  This is a fan site and I came here to discuss a problem with a fan presale to see if anyone else experienced the same problems.  Not surprisingly, they did.  I also think that the internet is a great equalizer that allows ordinary people to voice concerns about businesses that are not doing their jobs.  Sometimes it actually helps, in that the business makes changes, or people stop using that business. 

Wilco makes a point of touting that Front Gate is the only ticket retailer with whom it has a direct contractual relationship, suggesting that it is somehow better than Ticketmaster, everyone's favorite whipping boy.  At least now I understand why Wilco continues to use them, despite the fact that they are far worse than Ticketmaster:  A lot of fans eat it up blindly like pablum, simply because Wilco says it is so.  Look around the rest of the world and you will see that Front Gate consistently gets terrible reviews from all corners, except here I guess.

Carry on and enjoy it.  I'm sure it tastes good to you.  Defending a business because Wilco does business with them is the only reason you need, as long as you are not the one getting screwed. 

i'm  beginning to get a vibe that collectively, Via Chicago is hoping for a Friday shutout for our new pal Tweety.

Awesome!  I am flattered that you would waste negative energy on hate for me.  Even moreso seeing as you are apparently the collective voice of Via Chicago.  Now I remember why I haven't been back here in years.  From the looks of it, there are only a handful of people who still post here, so you've got that going for you.

I am sorry to disappoint you, "pal," but I won't be shut out.  I can guarantee you that.  I have never been shut out of a Wilco show in the 20 years I've been seeing them and I'm not about to let this little bump in the road change that.  I'll be the guy blocking your view. 

Nice.... mine tend to work the opposite where I'm out of town when something great happens close to home. 

Good seats at the Ryman are a thing of beauty.  I agree with DownUp that the Balcony is really nice there. 

The wings / sides are really, really on the side and can be awkward sight lines. 

And the lower level seats that are tucked back under the balcony (~row P and back) are pretty crowded by the low balcony. 

So, yeah, there are some bad seats, IMO.  But if you avoid those, you'll love it.

Thanks for the info - I am feeling good about Section 10/Balcony and Section 5 Row D Seat 1 on the floor.  I think I'll take your advice and stay put.  There are already to seats for Section 10 in the Balcony going for $150 on StubHub!  I travel to Nashville on business 10 out of 12 months each year - I have fallen in love with the city.  I stay at The Union Station Hotel which is amazing and very well situated for enjoying all that Nashville has to offer.  In August, I caught Amanda Shires at 3rd and Lindsley - amazing show.  I am hoping there might be a good late night set of bluegrass happening at The Station Inn after the Wilco shows.  But mostly, see these guys at The Mother Church - holy shit!!!

Awesome!  I am flattered that you would waste negative energy on hate for me.  Even moreso seeing as you are apparently the collective voice of Via Chicago.  Now I remember why I haven't been back here in years.  From the looks of it, there are only a handful of people who still post here, so you've got that going for you.

I am sorry to disappoint you, "pal," but I won't be shut out.  I can guarantee you that.  I have never been shut out of a Wilco show in the 20 years I've been seeing them and I'm not about to let this little bump in the road change that.  I'll be the guy blocking your view. 

With an attitude like the one you've got I wouldn't be surprised if this was karma telling you something...

Plenty of folks on VC have been shut out of pre-sales here in the past (myself included at least 3 times in the last 4 years). It's nothing new. Your griping about it does nothing but feed your own negativity. There is absolutely no reason in the world to be such a smart ass about it. 

With that being said, is it too early to start a Ryman roll call thread? 

Looking forward to the tinnitus photography thread of photos of tweety's butt with Jeff Tweedy in the background.

:lol 

Also, is anybody else trying for Ryman tickets here on VC? I got an email about a 2nd pre-sale tomorrow. 

Looking forward to the tinnitus photography thread of photos of tweety's butt with Jeff Tweedy in the background.

41O2cd%2BwrIL._SS500_.jpg

it might end up turning into a colonoscopy.

You think your ears are ringing now...

smart-ass-tweety.jpg

I don't think i've seen this much action in a thread in a single day since my all time favorite:

"should we sit or stand while watching Wilco?"

keep-calm-and-love-tweety-bird-5.png

Ok, it's been fun jawing with some of you here today.  Definitely helped me work through my frustration with Front Gate's suckitude.  Gotta run now; the real world calls.  I know you're all disappointed.

Good luck on Friday to those who got screwed by Front Gate today.

Drinks on me at Garcia's for anyone who IDs me as Tweety.  Except TP--it will be too easy for him because I will be the one standing right in front of him during the show.

@SarahC:  Sorry that my smart-assedness annoyed you.  I do know it will be all good in the end, but I have little tolerance for businesses that suck as bad at what they do as Front Gate does; even more so when they are perceived as a cooler alternative to another sucky business, but they suck worse in reality.   

So...any thoughts on makeup of the upcoming setlists? Bust-outs and surprises? Heavy on TWL? MAYBE a Tweedy (the band) tune? NEW STUFF?

Or the old workhorses.

They are onstage now but haven't seen any songs referenced on Twitter yet.

They are onstage now but haven't seen any songs referenced on Twitter yet.

I take that back, I see a report of Poor Places