Somebody posted a printed setlist on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/cherrera177/status/507360542630354944/photo/1

How accurate this is I have no idea. Hopefully good ol' bbop is there to give us the lowdown after the show. A lot of my friends are there right up front, but they're unreliable scalawags who are not likely to be posting setlists.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that had issues yesterday. I was logged in 15 minutes prior to tickets going on sale for the Raleigh show. Hitting F5 every few minutes until it was 10 just to make sure. I was able to select reserved seats. I was able to select 2 but when it finished searching it said none were available. For all 3 sections. I did end up with GA seats so all is well that ends well. I'm in the venue. Still...I would have rather had reserved. I've only seen They Might Be Giants at this venue before but from what I remember it's not big so even the last seat on the lawn should be good.

A side note to anyone going. I've heard this venue lets you bring in food. Chubby's Tacos is close by. It is great!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that had issues yesterday. I was logged in 15 minutes prior to tickets going on sale for the Raleigh show. Hitting F5 every few minutes until it was 10 just to make sure. I was able to select reserved seats. I was able to select 2 but when it finished searching it said none were available. For all 3 sections. I did end up with GA seats so all is well that ends well. I'm in the venue. Still...I would have rather had reserved. I've only seen They Might Be Giants at this venue before but from what I remember it's not big so even the last seat on the lawn should be good.

A side note to anyone going. I've heard this venue lets you bring in food. Chubby's Tacos is close by. It is great!

Are you local? The NC Museum website said to expect heavy traffic on I-40 due to the State Fair. Any suggestions for a back way that avoids fairgrounds traffic?

I'm local. Unfortunately there's no real side streets that I'm aware of to avoid the traffic. Hopefully it won't be that bad getting in. Since it's a Saturday the only place I have to be that day is in the venue before the band comes on stage so we're probably going to get there a little early. The State Fair is close enough to cause traffic problems BUT if you get there early enough you won't have a problem. Leaving might be another issue...But that's Future Shawn's problem and it'll be after a Wilco show so I'll be in a good mood.

Tickets and tacos. What more could a person want?  :lol

I'm going to the shows at the Cap in Port Chester and am looking on some input on where to stay. In manhattan or right in Westchester near the venue? I should note I'm flying into and out of LGA.

If you are just going to the shows stay in White Plains..save yourself lots of money and headaches..if you are touring around NYC in addition you can take the Metronorth to the shows from Manhattan I believe.

I'm going to the shows at the Cap in Port Chester and am looking on some input on where to stay. In manhattan or right in Westchester near the venue? I should note I'm flying into and out of LGA.

Here's a list from the Cap website:

http://www.thecapitoltheatre.com/where-to-stay/

I can't speak for any of the places, but unless you are driving I would recommend staying somewhere within walking distance of one of the Metro North train stops in between Port Chester and 125th Street (Harlem).  The Cap is within a frisbee throw of the Port Chester train stop.  The M17 bus stops right next to the 125th Street Metro North train stop and it will take you to LGA.  Easy peasy; I've done it several times coming from CT.

Here's a list from the Cap website:

http://www.thecapitoltheatre.com/where-to-stay/

I can't speak for any of the places, but unless you are driving I would recommend staying somewhere within walking distance of one of the Metro North train stops in between Port Chester and 125th Street (Harlem).  The Cap is within a frisbee throw of the Port Chester train stop.  The M17 bus stops right next to the 125th Street Metro North train stop and it will take you to LGA.  Easy peasy; I've done it several times coming from CT.

I should have asked you if you would be renting a car or not if not the above is the way to go

sorry, i was not being serious....referring to a few page's ago worth of posts.

Thought you might, but still tried...

It's WHOLELOVE

at least for night 1

Thank you, I should have asked earlier.  It works, just no pair available.

Thank you SarahC.  After throwing back a few pairs within 2 rows of the top and in each end section, I finally pulled a pair in the middle section.  I couldn't have done it without your password help.

Now here's one for the Frongate vs. Tickmaster debate

TICKETMASTER PRESALE Tue 10/21 two $50 tickets w/ FREE mailing $131.04

FRONTGATE PRESALE WED 10/22 two $50 tickets w/ WILL CALL $113.50

$17.54 savings

Both pairs bought one hour into the presales

Thank you SarahC.  After throwing back a few pairs within 2 rows of the top and in each end section, I finally pulled a pair in the middle section.  I couldn't have done it without your password help.

Now here's one for the Frongate vs. Tickmaster debate

TICKETMASTER PRESALE Tue 10/21 two $50 tickets w/ FREE mailing $131.04

FRONTGATE PRESALE WED 10/22 two $50 tickets w/ WILL CALL $113.50

$17.54 savings

Both pairs bought one hour into the presales

There is no debate--they both suck.  Ticketmaster usually extorts more fees, but their ticketing system is much more advanced and not likely to crash when a few thousand people are trying for tickets at the same time.  Front Gate is apparently able to pass on the savings that result from the fact that they haven't invested in upgrades to their system or their customer service.

There is no debate--they both suck.  Ticketmaster usually extorts more fees, but their ticketing system is much more advanced and not likely to crash when a few thousand people are trying for tickets at the same time.  Front Gate is apparently able to pass on the savings that result from the fact that they haven't invested in upgrades to their system or their customer service.

I have bought MANY a great seats on Frontgate presales including frontrow a FEW times.  Most anything related to Corporate America sucks!  Plus it's luck, I didn't have any yesterday, you didn't, but some did.  It's life. :usa

I have bought MANY a great seats on Frontgate presales including frontrow a FEW times.  Most anything related to Corporate America sucks!  Plus it's luck, I didn't have any yesterday, you didn't, but some did.  It's life. :usa

I'm not talking about luck of the draw.  I get that.  Been on both sides and have no problems with it.  Hell, I have done the on-line "mail order" presales for every Phish show within range of me for years and have yet to receive a single ticket through MO.  I don't attribute my lack of luck there to anything other than odds and I've never let it keep me from a show.  But with Front Gate I am talking about not being able to deliver the service for which they are charging.  Front Gate has had problems for many years because its on-line infrastructure is obsolete by decades and it simply doesn't care.  I've also gotten great seats through FG in the past, but it doesn't mean that I am oblivious to the fact that their website and ticketing system interface are terrible, clunky and not equipped to handle the demand volume for the events that they sell.