• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread has really gone off course...there should really by a seperate thread for pre-sales.

Also, we get it, front gate tickets isn't perfect. I personally have used their services a few times and have never had an issue, but we aren't the Front Gate Tickets customer service forum. So I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by beating a dead horse. We can't fix your problem.

So, back on topic.

How likely is the 2nd show in Port Chester the last Wilco show of 2014?

And at what point do they resurface in 2015? Spring because of an itch to play? Early summer when the new album's done? World Tour kickoff at Solid Sound?

Thanks for the info - I am feeling good about Section 10/Balcony and Section 5 Row D Seat 1 on the floor.  I think I'll take your advice and stay put.  There are already to seats for Section 10 in the Balcony going for $150 on StubHub!  I travel to Nashville on business 10 out of 12 months each year - I have fallen in love with the city.  I stay at The Union Station Hotel which is amazing and very well situated for enjoying all that Nashville has to offer.  In August, I caught Amanda Shires at 3rd and Lindsley - amazing show.  I am hoping there might be a good late night set of bluegrass happening at The Station Inn after the Wilco shows.  But mostly, see these guys at The Mother Church - holy shit!!![

This will be my first time at the Ryman and I'm so excited! I could only get balcony seats but looks like section 10 is a good section. Thanks for mentioning The Union Station Hotel. I'm looking for hotels now. I have high expectations for Nashville. Coming with camera in hand. If anyone knows of specific areas for graffiti and great architecture I'd love to hear. Thanks

Lockn to be webcast, including Wilco's set:

Arrington, VA’s Lockn Music Festival is slated to kick off tomorrow, and the festival’s promoters have now confirmed that both of the event’s main stages will be webcast via Nugs.tv. The shows will be captured through a multi-camera HD shoot with live audio mixed by Chiller Sound. Though not all of festival’s main stage acts have signed on to participate in the webcast, most of the event’s sets will be broadcast.

As of press time, the festival has announced the acts confirmed to participate in the webcast from Thursday-Saturday. Main stage artists slated for the webcast include: Phil Lesh & Friends, Wilco, Bill Kreutzmann’s Locknstep Allstars, The String Cheese Incident, Umphrey’s McGee, Drive-By Truckers, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, The Wood Brothers, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Gary Clark. Jr., Cabinet, Larry Keel and Sam Bush and No BS! Brass Band. The String Cheese Incident will also broadcast their special Kool & The Band tribute set tomorrow.

Lesh’s band features Warren Haynes, Joe Russo, John Scofield and John Medeski.

Sunday’s broadcast schedule will be confirmed in the coming days.

Thanks for the info - I am feeling good about Section 10/Balcony and Section 5 Row D Seat 1 on the floor.  I think I'll take your advice and stay put.  There are already to seats for Section 10 in the Balcony going for $150 on StubHub!  I travel to Nashville on business 10 out of 12 months each year - I have fallen in love with the city.  I stay at The Union Station Hotel which is amazing and very well situated for enjoying all that Nashville has to offer.  In August, I caught Amanda Shires at 3rd and Lindsley - amazing show.  I am hoping there might be a good late night set of bluegrass happening at The Station Inn after the Wilco shows.  But mostly, see these guys at The Mother Church - holy shit!!![

This will be my first time at the Ryman and I'm so excited! I could only get balcony seats but looks like section 10 is a good section. Thanks for mentioning The Union Station Hotel. I'm looking for hotels now. I have high expectations for Nashville. Coming with camera in hand. If anyone knows of specific areas for graffiti and great architecture I'd love to hear. Thanks

The Union Station Hotel is great and is also a terrific example of turn of the century architecture - also a short walk to The Ryman and other excellent live music venues and killer food.  All that said, there is apparently some LARGE conference/convention (Nashville opened a huge new convention center downtown last year) and my local contacts have told me that rooms are filling fast.  If you are looking for hotel accomodations close to The Ryman for these shows - I would get on it quickly.  Also, the New York Times has a nice "36 Hours in Nashville" piece posted on their site - I tried to repost it here, but was not successful for some reason...

I think we are going to try to stay somewhere cheap outside of Nashville the night between shows. We can't afford the usual place we go (Embassy Suites on Broadway) because we've ended up with 3 extra tickets that we can't use (hoping my friend takes 2 of them) Ended up buying about $500 worth of tickets. :-/

You'll love the balcony. Saw Beck do a 2 night stand here in July. Did the first night on the balcony and the second on the floor. Wished I had been up on the balcony again for night 2. Most recently saw Tweedy there and had floor seats. The vast majority of seats there are great. The back of the floor blows as do the aisle seats on the floor do to columns in your way. Always been my favorite place to see bands play...

When Wilco played at the Ryman in 2011 I stayed at a wonderful home that I found on Airbnb. Fantastic hosts, very close to downtown (although you need a car) and it was quite reasonable. If anybody's interested send me a PM and I will check into it further for you.

eUbmla0.gif

nice malkmus GIF, tinnitus! i spent a good hour last night looking through your portfolio online- you've got some really nice work. we've also attended more than a few shows together (aside from the obvious wilco handful)- charles bradley, pavement, sharon jones to name a few. one of my recent faves was sm & the jicks at the paradise last february- great shots from that, though i was hoping to see one of him catching the pack of newports from one lucky t-shirt-winning concertgoer. :) maybe see you at a show sometime- fingers crossed for better luck in the general on-sale for port chester night two tomorrow morning. are you going to tweedy at berklee later this month?

thanks last cigarettes, i appreciate your interest. that Pavement reunion show was so great, and the band was having a blast. too bad the wheels fell off 2 weeks later when i saw them in Vegas at the Matador 21 thing...oh well, everything crashes at some point.

i haven't put in for the Tweedy show yet, but should... Sept and Oct are really jammed w/ a lot of great shows and i'm trying to figure out my game plan. just back from  Brown Sabbath tonight, and i've got Boston Calling over the weekend. looking forward to the Replacements!!

i haven't put in for the Tweedy show yet, but should... Sept and Oct are really jammed w/ a lot of great shows and i'm trying to figure out my game plan. just back from  Brown Sabbath tonight, and i've got Boston Calling over the weekend. looking forward to the Replacements!!

I know this is off topic-- but I've got such mixed feelings about Boston Calling. I'd love to see The National tonight, but I hate that festival. The crowd is awkward and the sound and space just don't work. It's a shame because the lineups have been great, and it means that the bands that play the festival don't have any other local shows. 

yeah- mixed feelings for me as well. really wanted to see the replacements (not to mention the roots, and lake street dive- one of the best live acts i've seen in quite a long time), but city hall plaza is a crappy place for a show, and tickets are so expensive. thinking about going down there sunday to loiter around and see how much i can hear from outside.

The Union Station Hotel is great and is also a terrific example of turn of the century architecture - also a short walk to The Ryman and other excellent live music venues and killer food.  All that said, there is apparently some LARGE conference/convention (Nashville opened a huge new convention center downtown last year) and my local contacts have told me that rooms are filling fast.  If you are looking for hotel accomodations close to The Ryman for these shows - I would get on it quickly.  Also, the New York Times has a nice "36 Hours in Nashville" piece posted on their site - I tried to repost it here, but was not successful for some reason...

Thanks for the information radiowilco.  The sites I checked say it is already booked. I'll keep looking