Tweedy Athens, GA Georgia Theatre 9/19

Fantastic show tonight. Pretty standard as far as the TWEEDY sets go. No new additions to the front part of the set. All things we've heard before. I'll amend the post tomorrow to include the list. Darin gave my husband a set list. :)

Banter tonight was some of the best I've heard from jeff probably ever. A lot of talk about poop. :lol it all started with Jeff saying he saw a dung beetle rolling a turd. It devolved into him saying he pooped a sideways turd. :lol

He took the guy's vinyl that was next to my husband and showed it off to the crowd. He showed the back cover off also, which is WilcoMe's fav picture. He asked us if we could guess what tune that was from, and I said "Kingpin" it turns out he said Wilco used to close out their set witn "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" and that he usually would disrobe. Somebody shouted "take it off!" and jeff pretended to strip his jacket. It was super funny.

There was also a discussion about jock straps and why they left ass cheeks bare. Jeff was in a crazy mood tonight.

He didn't play as many solo tunes as he did in June at the Ryman, but the song i really wanted to hear got played. I'll try and remember them all but not in order.

IATTBYH

New Madrid

radio King

Shot In the Arm

Hummingbird (what I really wanted to hear!)

ITMWLY

You & I

Funny story about You & I- we were right up front, and me and this girl behind me decided to sing the girl parts of the song. It's eye contact city with Jeff and me the whole song. He thanks us for doing a good job with it, and somebody yells something, and i go to tell Jeff that I had a dream the other night where I sang that tune with him, but he didn't hear me cos folks were yelling, anyqY, he asks me to repeat it, and I do, and he repeats what I said in the mic and says "dreams really do come true at Teeedy shows!" And the whole crowd goes "awwww" it was kind of amazingly cute

The whole band was in good spirits, and everybody sounded great. There were a couple false starts, but all in all a great 2 hour and 10 minute set. Finished with "Acuff-Rose" at the lip of the stage. Also did several Mavis Staples tunes. I'll transcribe the list for y'all tomorrow though. I can't see it and we are in the car.

Sarah, you intrepid reporter, you have inspired me!! If I can get a great seat I have just made a crazy decision to come to the Philly show. I'm so damn thrilled with this album that I have just got to see them again in a nice theater setting--and soon!

So really cool Mavis Staples covers!! Wondering where the acoustic set started in here? I'm guessing at 14, 15 or 16... and...most of all- just thrilled to see "Love Like A Wire" continuing in the set list!!! I so hope that there's another second leg of the tour Tweedy Roadcase show that comes out & that "Love Like A Wire" sees an official release.
My other big hope is that he does eventually play those last four songs that haven't seen live versions yet, especially "Pigeons" & "I'll Sing It", but also "I'll Never Know" & "Please Don't Let Me Be So Misunderstood", the bookends of the album.
Setlist:

Tweedy
September, 19 2014
Georgia Theatre | Athens, GA

01 - Down From Above
02 - Diamond Light Pt. 1
03 - Flowering
04 - Summer Noon
05 - Hazel
06 - Honey Combed
07 - Desert Bell
08 - World Away
09 - New Moon
10 - High As Hello
11 - Wait For Love
12 - Low Key
13 - Slow Love
14 - Only The Lord Knows (Mavis Staples cover)
15 - You Are Not Alone
16 - California Stars
17 - I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
18 - New Madrid [uncle Tupelo]
19 - Radio King [Golden Smog]
20 - Hummingbird
21 - You And I
22 - Passenger Side
23 - A Shot in the Arm
24 - I'm the Man Who Loves You

Encore:
25 - Jesus Wept (Mavis Staples cover)
26 - Love Like a Wire (Diane Izzo cover)

That set list is missing a couple things at the end of it.

Encore:

25 - Jesus Wept (Mavis Staples cover)

Only The Lord Knows

26 - Love Like a Wire (Diane Izzo cover)

Cali Stars

Acuff-Rose (w/o PA)

Thanks!! What did you think of "Love Like A Wire"? And...where did the acoustic set start Sarah?

The acoustic set happened after Slow Love. :)

The Mavis covers were in the encore also.

love like a wire was brilliant! I got to hear it twice at soundcheck and again at the show. Such a pretty tune. Jeff's voice on it was fantastic.

Another couple of changes to the setlist:

01 - Down From Above
02 - Diamond Light Pt. 1
03 - Flowering
04 - Summer Noon
05 - Hazel
06 - Honey Combed
07 - Desert Bell
08 - World Away
09 - New Moon
10 - High As Hello
11 - Wait For Love
12 - Low Key
13 - Slow Love
14 – Nobody Dies Anymore
15 - I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
16 - New Madrid [uncle Tupelo]
17 - Radio King [Golden Smog]
18 - Hummingbird
19 - You And I
20 - Passenger Side
21 - A Shot in the Arm
22 - I'm the Man Who Loves You

Encore:
23 - Jesus Wept (Mavis Staples cover)
24 - Love Like a Wire (Diane Izzo cover)

25 - Only The Lord Knows (Mavis Staples cover)

26 - You Are Not Alone
27 - California Stars

28 - Acuff-Rose

I've seen the full band 15 times and Jeff solo 4 times.  This was the most intimate show I've been to.  The space felt much more like a club than a theater (maybe 750 capacity and no fixed seating). Incredible show.

Another couple of changes to the setlist:

01 - Down From Above

02 - Diamond Light Pt. 1

03 - Flowering

04 - Summer Noon

05 - Hazel

06 - Honey Combed

07 - Desert Bell

08 - World Away

09 - New Moon

10 - High As Hello

11 - Wait For Love

12 - Low Key

13 - Slow Love

14 – Nobody Dies Anymore

15 - I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

16 - New Madrid [uncle Tupelo]

17 - Radio King [Golden Smog]

18 - Hummingbird

19 - You And I

20 - Passenger Side

21 - A Shot in the Arm

22 - I'm the Man Who Loves You

Encore:

23 - Jesus Wept (Mavis Staples cover)

24 - Love Like a Wire (Diane Izzo cover)

25 - Only The Lord Knows (Mavis Staples cover)

26 - You Are Not Alone

27 - California Stars

28 - Acuff-Rose

I've seen the full band 15 times and Jeff solo 4 times.  This was the most intimate show I've been to.  The space felt much more like a club than a theater (maybe 750 capacity and no fixed seating). Incredible show.

Not exactly a correction, but Jeff actually wrote "Only the Lord Knows" for Mavis, so even though it was on her album, it's not quite a Mavis cover. 

And yes, what a fantastic setlist!

Great set list! Seeing him in Philly on Sunday for my birthday. Do you know what time he was on/off by?? Was there any opener?

Hospitality opened the show.  I hadn't heard them before, but enjoyed their set. 

Show time was listed as 8.  Hospitality hit the stage right at 8.  Tweedy was onstage at 9 and played just past 11.

Awesome show and Jeff was hilarious. Not sure if Radio King was on the setlist but when I yelled it out he started playing. Sure it was a coincidence but Anyway that made me happy. Tried to get him to play monkey mess which he responded 'that's a deep deep cut'. Glad I got to see Jeff and Spencer play. I would love to hear a recording just for the F*ck Encores part at the end. Dude cracks me up.

There are several videos from this show on youtube now... pretty cool 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8akPOxnZfcg&list=UUV3lHiTTKdBfq2W04AiCxFQ

Thank you so much for posting this!!! Really hoping this song ends up on an official Roadcase release someday!!! Or at least that he plays it at the BAM show & that someone captures the stream of that show (I'll be at The Tedeschi-Trucks Band Show that night, so I won't be able to.... if anyone does please PM a file here!!!)

There are several videos from this show on youtube now... pretty cool 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8akPOxnZfcg&list=UUV3lHiTTKdBfq2W04AiCxFQ

Apparently posted on youtube a few days ago, & taped on 7/23 at WFUV with just Jeff on acoustic & Spencer on drums:

"Love Like A Wire": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQLfFl51eOg

"Flowering": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMJM223v-C8

"New Moon": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXlk3FAJDnk

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to get him to play monkey mess which he responded 'that's a deep deep cut'.

That song does not please me.