Alpha Mike Foxtrot

This might have already been covered, but did anyone notice they spelled "Kamera" with a C and not a K on the tracklist:

DISC 3: I’m The Man Who Loves You (live) / The Good Part / Cars Can’t Escape / Camera / Handshake Drugs (First Version) / A Magazine Called Sunset

That's because the alternate version from the More Like The Moon/Australian EP (which I'm sure this is) is spelled Camera.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Like_the_Moon

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you could do what I did...buy the vinyl from that company that had the good price, then have buyer's remorse about not getting it from Kung Fu so I could get entered into the drawings and get the T-shirt, so place a second order for the CD/shirt bundle. On second thought, maybe no one else should follow my lead.

the Vinyl comes with a digital download..which you could techinically just burn to your own CDS if you want.

I personally don't listen to CDs..so I have no need for a CD at all.

Having the Extra Large Artwork, linear notes,  of the Viynl is a huge reason for that purchase, depsite it having fewer actual tracks.

the price is the obvious factor...but if you are on this website, I would imagine you are more then willing to spend $70+ bucks on a limited edition wilco recording.

Despite having most of the tracks, I don't have ANY of these tracks on Vinyl...which is what finally sold me.

"This vinyl box-set of rare studio and live recordings pull from a collection of Wilco’s extensive audio archives from the past 20 years. Included is a 32 page collection of extensive liner notes, track-by-track recollections from Jeff Tweedy, essays from other band members and a plethora of archival and never-before-seen photos chronicling all phases of the band’s career.

An audiophile, 180-gram vinyl pressing, limited edition of 7,000 made worldwide. Each one is individually numbered, commemorated by foil stamp. The pressing comes from the legendary Pallas in Diepholz, Germany, which has been in operation since 1949. Each vinyl box-set contains a download card of all material found in the cd box set collection."

CD:

"

A box-set of rare studio and live recordings collected from Wilco’s extensive audio archives over the past 20 years. Accompanying the 4 cd set is a 63-page collection of extensive liner notes, track-by-track recollections from Jeff Tweedy, essays from other band members and a plethora of archival and never-before-seen photos chronicling all phases of the band’s career. Produced by Grammy-nominated Cheryl Pawelski. Released on Nonesuch Records"

so it looks like CD version has a larger  book  63 pages VS 32 (most likely due to the fact that there is a track by track notes) and the vinyl is missing all the live tracks.

I wonder if the "digital copy" will come with a digital version of the CD booklet

My vinyl copy arrived today. I took a quick look at it before heading off to work and it looks mighty nice. The box and its contents resemble the Kicking Television vinyl box. However, the booklet inside is a lot nicer. Can't wait to spin these later tonight.

So it looks like Warner has not added the downloads to their website yet. I just redeemed my card and everything that should be there is not. I've just sent them an e-mail letting them know that the download is missing. Hopefully it will be rectified soon.

On a brighter note, the vinyl is sounding wonderful! I can truly say that I have not been as captivated by a collection of music as I am right now with this set. And to think I contemplated even purchasing this release at all...

So it looks like Warner has not added the downloads to their website yet. I just redeemed my card and everything that should be there is not. I've just sent them an e-mail letting them know that the download is missing. Hopefully it will be rectified soon.

On a brighter note, the vinyl is sounding wonderful! I can truly say that I have not been as captivated by a collection of music as I am right now with this set. And to think I contemplated even purchasing this release at all...

I would imagine the digital tracks won't be added until the release date..or at least a little closer. You got it a week early!

So does the booklet inside the vinyl mention anything about the live tracks that appear only on the CD?