Alpha Mike Foxtrot

So it looks like Warner has not added the downloads to their website yet. I just redeemed my card and everything that should be there is not. I've just sent them an e-mail letting them know that the download is missing. Hopefully it will be rectified soon.

On a brighter note, the vinyl is sounding wonderful! I can truly say that I have not been as captivated by a collection of music as I am right now with this set. And to think I contemplated even purchasing this release at all...

let me know what you hear about the digital downloads.  put my code and takes me to page, but no downloads

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CD Has ALL of the live tracks..with a total of 77 tracks across 4 CDS...

The Vinyl has 47 tracks..over 4 LPS..and comes with a digital download of all tracks.

The booklet for the CD is 63 pages, where the vinyl is 32 pages..

What we don't know is if the CD and Vinyl books are identical in content..other then the vinyl linear notes being "larger" based on the format.

The description says the box set features "track by track" notes...so my idea was that the Vinyl version may only have notes on the tracks that are on the vinyl release.....but that may not be the case...

I'm sure it will all be cleared up soon enough...

I received my Vinyl Box set as well as Whats Your 20 cd. I decided after seeing Raleigh and tickets only 45 bucks I would support em with purchasing the music!!! Great idea to tour the Best Of with playing the best of shows. Haven't opened them but did notice I got 6013/7000 so either they are random numbers being shipped or they have sold almost all of them. Will be interesting to see who gets 1 and 7000.

Looking forward to seeing how the Winterlude plays out. Could they play a few of the Demos or other rarities to make the week enjoyable.

I think it's humerous that anyone on this board would purchase the What's Your 20 album, for anything other then completion purposes.

glad you got a good laugh. I find it nice for completion and to have a cd to drop in an play for friends not familar with Wilco. My friend even said after Raleigh and his first WIlco show or hearing their music, that being a greatest hits show it would be hard for him to buy a CD that would give him a good overview.

Now I can recomend What's your 20.

I think it's sometimes nice to have an overview of one of your favorite bands/musicians; something you can put on when you have a craving but don't know what to listen to. I've been an avid fan of The Doors since I was 12 and often reach for one of their compilation albums when I'm in the mood for their music but not an album.

Btw, my AMF number is 1067. Who got 1066 and 1068?

Where are the numbers listed?

And, Wilco, if you're out there, THANK YOU!  This is a fantastic release.  Top quality from top to bottom.  The music, the package, the photos, the write ups, and especially the liner notes from Jeff.

Where are the numbers listed?

And, Wilco, if you're out there, THANK YOU!  This is a fantastic release.  Top quality from top to bottom.  The music, the package, the photos, the write ups, and especially the liner notes from Jeff.

on the back lower right side.

glad you got a good laugh. I find it nice for completion and to have a cd to drop in an play for friends not familar with Wilco. My friend even said after Raleigh and his first WIlco show or hearing their music, that being a greatest hits show it would be hard for him to buy a CD that would give him a good overview.

I hear you..I've already made a "beginners guide to Wilco" Mix for a number of my friends. I've converted about 6 people total. LOL.

I thought about buying it for the same reason. Now I think about buying copies to give as gifts to my friends who have never been exposed to enough Wilco.

But back to AMF, through disc 1 and definitely glad to have this beauty. Every thing about it, the music, the box and the writings in the book. Especially Jeff's liner notes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One advantage of living in the Raleigh area...I pretty much get anything from KungFu the same day it's shipped.

Shipped Friday morning and was waiting for me Friday night.

I bought the AMF CD box.

Like a lot of folks here, I have quite a bit of the rare stuff, but from the time I saw the track listing it didn't matter, I couldn't wait to follow the rare and live tracks combo on a trip through their history.

Amazing!

A perfect gift to their fans.

Only this band would do something like this.

There are very few Sunday paper ads which have music (even new releases) any more.  Best Buy is about the only one who has anything other than maybe one or two super-pop CDs.  They've even had the new Wilco release a time or two over the past years.  It's always cool to see Wilco in any form of mass media...So today, I thought maybe they'd have one or both of these in their ad today.  Alas, no Wilco today.  Nickelback instead.  Sigh...

A heads-up for people who are on the fence or disappointed about buying AMF because they have all of the material already: at least two tracks are not what they're listed as. In the liner notes for AMF, there's info about where each track originally appeared, as in what single or soundtrack or compilation it's from. In at least two cases (possibly three), though, the AMF track is a different version of the track than what's listed.

I found this out when I imported the CDs into iTunes and noticed the times on some of the AMF tracks were pretty different than the originals that I already had in iTunes...

1) At My Window Sad and Lonely (Jeff Tweedy Solo Version) - this is supposed to be the version of the song from the Mermaid Avenue Bonus EP, but it's a completely different version instead. On the EP this song is relatively close to the album track but not quite the same and is clearly not Jeff Tweedy solo either--there's a full band playing. The AMF version definitely sounds like a solo Jeff version, mostly just vocals and guitar. My guess is the EP track was just an alternate band take on the song or a full band demo and was mislabeled, but the AMF version really is the true solo version. It's definitely not the same recording as the one on the EP.

2) Unlikely Japan - on AMF this track is two minutes longer than the version on the 45 single.

3-maybe) Cars Can't Escape - I'm not sure about this one because I wasn't lucky enough to grab the Wilcoworld version when it was originally released and the one I have was found somewhere online long after. I would bet the one currently circulating online and listed as the original Wilcoworld download is just a mislabeled track from the YHF engineer demos. Anyone have the original and the AMF version and can compare? The AMF version has weird YHF noises all over it, but my old file is pretty spare and just voice and instruments--no weird noises.

There may be more different versions, but I haven't listened to the entire set yet and these are all I've found so far.

Anyway, if you're a completist, then it's good news: two new songs, maybe three (or at least new versions of old songs)! Can't help you if you already own everything and think the price of the box set is too high for just two songs. I'm pretty happy with AMF myself because I'm glad to have good clean versions of some vinyl-only stuff like Childlike and Evergreen/Someone Else's Song (the original color 45 sounds horrible) and the Kicking Televison LP box tracks, in addition to the three tracks I listed above and a couple of other things I missed (the live Spiders and Hell Is Chrome). The liner notes are pretty cool, too.