Alpha Mike Foxtrot

Has anyone who placed an order with Collector's Choice Music for the vinyl gotten their copy yet? They had a good price on it and I preordered but I checked the status yesterday and it still hadn't shipped. I called Customer Service today and was told that the vinyl is still on backorder and no copies have shipped yet. I canceled my order, which they gave me no hassle about.

I still would like to have the vinyl, even though I already have the CD version. Any idea who's offering the best price on this now?

I'm still waiting on my copy from Collector's Choice. I'm getting a little worried, Amazon is backordered on the box set too.

Edit: Just spoke with customer service. Sounds like they're still waiting to receive their copies of the box set.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the vinyl boxset last night, was disappointed since I ordered it within minutes of the record going live on the official Wilco store, that I got a number in the mid-4000s, but, I guess they never did guarantee low numbers. Would have been nice though.

Yeah, I ordered mine two days ago and got #323. Completely random I assume.

Hello folks. I haven't been 'round these parts for a long time (so long I had to make a new profile. My old one was unlog-inable). I used to be Lynch, now I'm Mr. Lynch. Anyway...

I just ordered the vinyl Alpha Mike Foxtrot through Amazon.ca. The shipping is slightly cheaper to Canada than through the Kung Fu store. I'm pumped. I debated it a bit, but dammit I've loved this band for so long, and this is a pretty amazing collection of tunes and artwork. 

I got the same response but really, what's the point in canceling unless you think they'll never get any in?

Because I had to contact them twice to get an answer, and the answer was disappointing. That's bad business. I only used them to save ten bucks but now I know it wasn't worth it. If they'd let me know on the 17th that they didn't have it yet, I'd have accepted that. Now I get to buy it at a local store anyway.

Anyone else wonder why the "A Shot In The Arm" remix is on this box, it's the same version that's on my Summerteeth cd, I always thought all the releases came with that and Candyfloss, just seems weird that they included a track from a cd release as a rarity, I guess it's rare for someone who didn't make it through the 14 seconds of silence ;^) and if that's the criteria why isn't Candyfloss on here?  

Overall a very nice selection of songs, all the non album songs from And Sum Aren't, everything from More Like the Moon, everything from the Sky Blue Sky bonus cd, however it is missing two songs from All Over the Place and one from the Ghost Is Born bonus cd.  It is so nice to have these songs on CD instead of just the MP3 downloads!

Also experienced the problems mentioned above with CCMusic.  Their customer service continually left me more confused than before I called.  I finally threw in the towel today when I received 3 separate emails all at once:

1) Confirming my order (which had been placed back in Oct)  

2) Cancelling my order.

3) Confirming my order has been shipped.  (It wasn't)

I decided 10-15 bucks wasn't worth the stress and headed to the local shop.  Got #288 and a free poster.

I think it's possible that indie record stores and obviously the kung fu stuff went out first. Any additional was mailed out to online distrubtors. At least that's my hope. If amazon doesn't have it in stock yet, that;s a pretty good sign that it just hasn't hit those merchants yet.

I've been really enjoying this compilation.  I'm still only part of the way through, but it's a good reminder that one of the things I've always loved about Wilco throughout the years is how they change up their song arrangements over time and throughout recordings.  I rhave always really enjoyed hearing so many different versions of all the songs I love so much and this compilation gives some really stellar versions of Wilco songs.  The version of At My Window is just super - I actually miss the harmonies but I really dig it in this fashion.  I also reallly like the demo of Monday - it might be my favorite versions of that song, actually.  I think the James Alley Blues is also a standout track.  I'm only up through the Summerteeth tracks so far and I'm looking forward to the rest.  I may actually spend the money on this release for the liner notes - I found my version... uh... somewhere...

I need some friends like yours.

Ha..yeah it came as a complete surprise.

And let me just say that although i may be biased, this is probably one of the best anthology collections I've ever heard.

The songs just come alive on vinyl by the way. Personally I like the shorter track listing. Makes it much easier to digest in one sitting.

Brilliant compilation and wonderful package and track notes. This is easily one of the best releases of the year.

Does anyone have the digital booklet for this album that they'd be willing to share?

I second this humble request. I have the vinyl box which comes with a DL of all the CD tracks, but it would be great to know where and when all these SWEET live versions were recorded, which presumably is info included in the digi-booklet.

SA

I got the vinyl set tonight, and I'm sure it's nothing...but I noticed that the inner stickers have grooves on them, similar to how Jack White's new record felt, when it had hidden tracks that played through the labels.   My tone arm won't go that far in, so I can't check.  Like I said, it's probably nothing, but it might be worth checking out.

Interesting. . .

Alright- Who's ready for a stylus replacement and doesn't mind possibly ruining their old one? :-)

SA

When I get around to it I think I am going to buy the CDs.  I am sure they sound fine and have much more music on them.  If the LP version hangs around long enough I may get that, but not sure I will ever listen to it enough to make the cost and lack of tracks worth it.

LouieB

I don't know if anyone else has been waiting on their Collector's Choice order but I called their customer service today and they said it was still on back order for another 2 to 6 months. I canceled my order with them and went to the Wilco Kung Fu store and saw how much they charged for shipping, so I found a nice third party seller on Amazon to buy from. Now I can patiently wait and look forward for my copy of Alpha Mike Foxtrot to arrive!